Affordable headless tremolo?

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by David_Fiesta, Mar 27, 2021.

1. David_Fiesta

David_Fiesta SS.org Regular

I’m planning on building a 7 string headless guitar, and really want a tremolo.
    I’ve looked at the Strandberg and Hipshot bridges, but they’re out of my price range.
    I’ve heard good things about technology4musicians, but I can’t really find anywhere to purchase them.
    My budget is really anything under 200 bucks, but I’d be interested in anything under 300 just in case.

2. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

contact pyramid guitars on Facebook. they can get you some good deals on the Sophia csl

realistically....under 200 bucks isn't going to get you a really good headless trem. The t4m is at least 300 for the entire kit, maybe even more.

you're only really option under 200 is the aliexpress copy. which I would stay away from

mphsc and Hollowway like this.
  3. KR250

KR250 Build addict

Retail for T4M headless tremolo is about 270 euro. I emailed them directly and they sent me the catalog, working on direct purchase with them of other headless hardware for a few builds. They have been super responsive so far, and IMO you get what you pay for.

4. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

Omzig likes this.
  5. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

ya, if you don't need multiscale capability this might be a good option.

6. Omzig

Omzig SS.org Regular

If your not going Multiscale then the Koloss unit (as elray says) is a very good option

I have one of the Aviator 6 trems (got it late last year) for £78/$100 delivered, i posted a lot of pics in the ongoing headless hardware thread we have here @

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/hardware-for-headless-build.341920/page-3

ignore the YT video's roasting these units...just clickbait BS.

I had been looking at grabbing one of these headless trems from ali (these are not same as the other cheap ass cream cheese baseplate [email protected] around £60) @ $170 but went with the Koloss.

[​IMG]

LINK

I think there's a YT review link somewhere on the above unit....i'll see if i can track it down.

7. mphsc

mphsc http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/

Happy to talk about a Sophia Trem, not cheap but quality through and through.