Advice on EBMM Lemon

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by broangiel, Jan 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FitRocker33

FitRocker33 My tone is tighter than my hamstrings

My advice is if you got a good deal on this guitar and it plays and sounds fantastic, consider it a dog from the pound with a knotted eye and a heart of gold. I can overlook some small cosmetic stuff if the guitar resonates like a piano.

2. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Tell me about it. Before I became a member here, I would never have known that is unacceptable from a US made EBMM. Send that shit back.

3. Exit Existence

Exit Existence SS.org Regular

Based off the looks of the extra dabs of glue on the frets higher to it, it appears to may have been from a repair job from fret sprout as others have mentioned.
    +1 for taking it to a qualified repair place. Shouldn't be an expensive fix, and they can clean up the glue dabs on the higher ones. Looks like a oil finished neck too as most of EBMM are so it will clean up real nicely and they can just apply a little oil to seal it once they are sanded and filled.

broangiel likes this.
  4. Slaeyer

Slaeyer SS.org Regular

That's not really a common thing where I live.. but maybe I'm just spoiled, as we don't have extreme changes in temperature/humidity here.... :cheers:

5. electriceye

electriceye SS.org Regular

OP, is this a NEW EBMM or used? There is no way in hell EBMM would let something like that leave the factory, especially with small blobs of filler.
    On their unbound necks, I have never seen them use that. My AXIS has the slots visible. If this was new, it’s something they’d fix in a heartbeat free of charge. So, if it’s new, from a dealer, either send back to the dealer or call EBMM directly. They have amazing customer service.

This looks like seller is one of these guys who doesn’t have a clue about making repairs and made a mess of a good guitar.

6. broangiel

broangiel SS.org Regular

It's used. Like you said though, this should be pretty easy to fix by a skilled individual. I'll likely bring it into Equilibrium Guitars for the work if they have the bandwidth.

electriceye likes this.
  7. NoodleFace

NoodleFace Delicious Noodles

Man this does not seem like a major issue to me. I'd recommend equilibrium as well

8. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Good luck with issue and seems this board has a rather high level of massholes (just playing) from the responses on this thread. cause not like region was mentioned in the title.

groverj3 likes this.
  9. broangiel

broangiel SS.org Regular

We can consider this closed. The long and short of it is, I’ve never seen anything like this on any of my guitars, some helpful posters pointed out this is fairly normal. That’s all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.