About the Schecter A-5X and other "celloblasters"

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by mrspiral, Jan 18, 2011.

1. xwmucradiox

xwmucradiox sweep.tap.sweep

Wes Borland was tuning a 24 3/4" scale guitar to F# in 1999 and no one really batted an eye.

AkiraSpectrum and Masoo2 like this.
  2. Kornfann1024

Kornfann1024 SS.org Regular

To be fair nobody really thought of wes as a competent guitarist then either....limp bizkit was a joke...

3. Wildebeest

Wildebeest SS.org Regular

yeah they weren't highbrow like Korn

4. Kornfann1024

Kornfann1024 SS.org Regular

If your referencing my name, they were literally my 1st taste of 7 string guitars and when i discover this site, why i got a 7...ive asked to change it lol and they deff arent great guitar players

5. xwmucradiox

xwmucradiox sweep.tap.sweep

The guy was on the cover of guitar magazines with his F# tuned guitars and was in one of the biggest bands in the world that were emulated by kids in every town in America. Perhaps guitar snobs didn't think he was a big deal but everyone else did.

mastapimp and nikt like this.
  6. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

He's about the only thing i actually liked about their music. He is a solid guitarist and what he was doing at the time had a little bit more going on than your run of the mill nu-metal. I saw them on the main stage at Ozzfest '98 and was actually pretty entertained with their over-the-top show and giant toilet props. My buddy got kicked in the back of the head by a crowdsurfer and had to go to the medic tent. On his way back he got to hang with the limp bizkit guys for a while and stated they were pretty awesome and down to earth off stage.