Cockandballs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
weird, all things considered they were cheaper than normal $3,699, but all a bit average compared to other drops.

Cockandballs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah Ngl I like the ultramarine but the rest was kind of average, agreed there
looks like they stopped doing that bullshit 2 sheen finish because it gets scratched pretty quickly. anyway, I've heard this US drop and the Space T that is coming up will be the last of the US drops for a while, need to find a different builder. not sure if that's true but heard rumblings about Grover Jackson. Would make sense given the last small drop and not that many drops happening this year.

Aaron Leeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
looks like they stopped doing that bullshit 2 sheen finish because it gets scratched pretty quickly. anyway, I've heard this US drop and the Space T that is coming up will be the last of the US drops for a while, need to find a different builder. not sure if that's true but heard rumblings about Grover Jackson. Would make sense given the last small drop and not that many drops happening this year.
Yeah, I’ve noticed that lack of output lately, was wondering since there’s so much prototype development but little to no releases, between the nylon larada, the Emi series, really calling into question how things are functioning behind the scenes (unless it’s just a hard RnD phase rn before huge output) but even between that one chartreuse space-T model still in stock, I’m really wondering what’s going on lol

I’ve also not heard anything about Grover Jackson, mostly since I’m not particularly in the loop, what’s been happening?

Cockandballs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just heard people quit at Jackson for other jobs which would backlog new production.

Aaron Leeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yea I guess that may explain why the builds in the US have almost been practically halted, tho it’s def not looking like it’s set up to do too well with even more builds in the works like the nylons and the Emis, so I’m curious if things will go to a new luthier or however things go. Luckily the WM factory and Dyna Gakki is keeping the builds alive at all atm, but I’m very curious how things will function onwards (hypothetically, I know I’m jumping a bit far ahead)

Cockandballs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah Ngl I like the ultramarine but the rest was kind of average, agreed there
that was probably the worst one to buy because it's made out of shitty obeche wood - seriously what builder uses that wood? It's super shitty.

Aaron Leeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
that was probably the worst one to buy because it's made out of shitty obeche wood - seriously what builder uses that wood? It's super shitty.
I can’t say I’ve heard much of Obeche, maybe that speaks volumes in itself, but how is it so bad to warrant that kind of reaction?

Cockandballs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Its garbage African plywood used in cheap factories as a rosewood substitute. Very inconsistent wood like most Chinese builds. Just surprised they’d use it. The wood name sounds cooler than it is. Basically sounds like Corinthian leather of wood.
I swear to God if it has anything to do with tone I'm going to quit this site I swear.

(God knows I'm joking but ill threaten it!!)

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Its garbage African plywood used in cheap factories as a rosewood substitute. Very inconsistent wood like most Chinese builds. Just surprised they’d use it. The wood name sounds cooler than it is. Basically sounds like Corinthian leather of wood.
PRS uses obeche for bodies on Wood Library some times.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
Grabbed the Chalk J7 and a Master 6 Mystic Dream late last year, been playing them nonstop ever since. Fantastic guitars. Not sure where all the hate in this thread is coming from. Did I just get lucky or something?

Aaron Leeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Grabbed the Chalk J7 and a Master 6 Mystic Dream late last year, been playing them nonstop ever since. Fantastic guitars. Not sure where all the hate in this thread is coming from. Did I just get lucky or something?
Yea I mean it’s very hit or miss, especially with the USA models it seems, sometimes they’ll be the best guitars someone’s ever picked up and it’s absolutely perfect, sometimes it’s just trash, painted bad, pick-up wiring leaves some unwanted noise (personal experience with my legion 8), action is bad, but I think the hate is low-key reasonable when you’re dropping a few $k on a model, you’d expect it to be high quality and again, sometimes it is and sometimes it isn’t, so it’s especially frustrating if you’re seeing the IG posting constant positive reviews, but idk, that’s just my 2 cents

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
Interesting. Was hoping for a PVRP Master 8 but now the thread has me a bit concerned about buying more. Maybe it's time I grab a Suhr or Mayones.

BradleyAllan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’ve currently have 3 Abasi Master Series (two 8’s and one 6) and have never had any issues quality wise. Not saying that there aren’t any QC issues but in my personal experience I haven’t had any. I do think there has been a slow down with the Master Series 6’s / Space T’s but it usually seems like it’s the less desirable colors that seem to sit a bit longer because they all usually sell out with an exception of one or two. I also think they keep doing the same color combos over and over when people are asking them for a variety. I personally would love to see some more natural options like that Zebrawood one they advertised awhile back then didn’t sell.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Interesting. Was hoping for a PVRP Master 8 but now the thread has me a bit concerned about buying more. Maybe it's time I grab a Suhr or Mayones.
You really can't go wrong with a Suhr. Mayos are also generally fantastic, I own several, but I've seen a few Duvells with build issues and some people really hate the ergonomics on the Regius.

Aaron Leeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve heard high praises of Suhr, Mayones and Aristides all throughout here, if anyone has had a bad experience at all, what usually tends to be the issues with those ones, especially comparatively to the Abasi QC issues? (given I don’t have a lot of guitar experience with owning, I’ve got 2 and haven’t played a lot else lol)