avastcosmicarena

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
27 inches is fine for the high strings. Just don't put crackhead ass strings on them like when string manufacturers think we want 11's or 12's on the treble side because we beefed up the low end. No. No we don't want those.
"Fine" is relative and subjective. I owned an RG2228 for many, many years, and I made it work, but for me to like it, I had to use very custom string gauges per string to get the tension even across the strings and keep the tension light enough on the upper strings to still bend & play easily. Is it usable? Sure. Is it ideal? No, not even close.

For me, anywhere in the 25" to 26.5" is just better on the high E side. Allows using more normal gauges while still being able to bend and play with a light touch. Again, though, it comes down to technique and personal preference.

Reactions: CW7

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For all we know, these are people who just 0-0-0 on the low F#/E 8th string and never play anything on the high strings or never play leads or use bending or who simply don't care about having balanced tension across strings. You have to take opinions with a grain of salt.

Shouldn't make a difference if they do. Stop being a gatekeeping garbage pale kid. People can do what they want and if they have the money to buy something for that purpose, good on them.

I thought your kind died off in the 2010s

Inanimate100

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone here feel a Larada (or any other 8 string for that matter) would be a good guitar to play jazz ??

Aaron Leeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone here feel a Larada (or any other 8 string for that matter) would be a good guitar to play jazz ??
From what I understand, 8 strings are great for jazz! You can check what I say against what Tosin says in clinics and interviews, but 8 strings are great for jazz chords with different inversions and extended range basically lets you have more melodic options too, so big yes.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Nah you pick it up and if you try to play a jazz chord it bricks up and most of the strings break, I've even seen jazz break the neck of an 8 string guitar.

If you haven't told by now that I'm joking and that you can play anything on any guitar, well, Im joking and you can play anything on any guitar.

Cockandballs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You know they don’t care about quality when they get Legion mixed up with Master Series in the newsletter release. Finishes look - eh.

nathanmachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You know they don’t care about quality when they get Legion mixed up with Master Series in the newsletter release. Finishes look - eh.
how did they do that?

looks like legions are only 4-5 basic colors and the newsletter mentioned colors that aren't typically available in legion. speaking as someone who has a legion 8 atm

Cockandballs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
how did they do that?

looks like legions are only 4-5 basic colors and the newsletter mentioned colors that aren't typically available in legion. speaking as someone who has a legion 8 atm
Look at the subject line in your email inbox for the newsletter.

Aaron Leeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
how did they do that?

looks like legions are only 4-5 basic colors and the newsletter mentioned colors that aren't typically available in legion. speaking as someone who has a legion 8
Yea it’s not a legion drop, only master series. Honestly kind of a negligible mistake, easy to have avoided and the colours therefore are only in master series (as cool as it would be to have legions with master series finishes and stuff)

Cockandballs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yea it’s not a legion drop, only master series. Honestly kind of a negligible mistake, easy to have avoided and the colours therefore are only in master series (as cool as it would be to have legions with master series finishes and stuff)
I’m just saying between that and all of the QA issues you can see on the thread. Just a bit lazy. I think on this thread someone returned the champagne one on the last batch.

Aaron Leeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m just saying between that and all of the QA issues you can see on the thread. Just a bit lazy. I think on this thread someone returned the champagne one on the last batch.

Aaron Leeman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sorry my bad lmaooo, was gonna say I def agree, it really isn’t up to scratch at Abasi HQ and while I myself am happy with a legion, it’s beyond messed up that people are paying double for arguably lower quality and borderline neglectful guitar QC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The subject says legion most likely because when you design email newsletters you can either create a new email from scratch, use a template, or clone a previous email. I feel they cloned a previous legion release email and forgot to change the subject.

I've done this before, it's pretty easy to look over.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The subject says legion most likely because when you design email newsletters you can either create a new email from scratch, use a template, or clone a previous email. I feel they cloned a previous legion release email and forgot to change the subject.

I've done this before, it's pretty easy to look over.

Much lazy. Much concern about guitar quality