Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

:scratch: You know those are Chinese knockoffs, right? I'm not sure people being hyped about an Ibanez Tosin sign can be criticized for not buying a Chinese knockoff. That's just a really odd argument you're making.

Dcm81 and AxeHappy like this.
  2. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

Japanese companies are veeery slow moving by definition. Just lean back and wait another two years. The upper management is probably still discussing if they should release a model with something apart from the traditional shapes at all... :coffee:

3. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

How helped him designed it? I was a builder who posts here occasionally I think. Maybe he built him one?

Does that mean He's leaving Ibanez then?

4. cip 123

cip 123 Vendor

Man Tosin must make any companies anxiety skyrocket, he is ruthless! First Seymour now this :lol:

5. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

You mean first EMG, then dimarzio, then BKP, then Duncan, now Fishman.

eugeneelgr and lewis like this.
  6. chassless

chassless Don'tDeserveMyGuitar

^ do we know which BKP models he fiddled with ?

7. cip 123

cip 123 Vendor

More the fact he went to the point of releasing Duncans and at the last minute jumped for Fishman. Basically Duncan would've spent a good bit of time and money with R&D and he jumped last second.

Ibanez would've done the same and he's jumped :lol:

Dimarzio still got through launch.

8. Señor Voorhees

Señor Voorhees SS.org Regular

The headstock looked almost vaguely like a ran headstock. Probably not the case, but that's where my mind jumped the second I saw it. lol

I am curious though. Not surprised either. It was a little strange to me that someone like Tosin would sign on to a particular brand, as he tends to like trying different things constantly. Same with Misha. Dude is such a gear nerd, I was surprised to see he signed on with Jackson, as good as those guitars are. It seems to me that people just shouldn't have Tosin endorse things. He changes up frequently enough where it might be detrimental to the whole hype that is supposed to surround signature models. I'm sure there's someone out there impressionable enough to pass on a brand because they "clearly weren't good enough for Tosin."

I think the fact that Keith Merrow has stuck with Schecter, and Misha stuck with Jackson speaks volumes. They both still have great things to say about the brands, and it's clear both of them really like their instruments. Nothing against Tosin of course... It just seems pointless to give him a signature ANYTHING. lol

9. cip 123

cip 123 Vendor

I think there will always be hype for his stuff, not to mention the stuff he actually gets to release is pretty good. His Dimarzios are still some of my favourite pups, and the original TAM still one of the classiest looking 8's out there imo.

Just needs a company that can keep him around long enough to get something else out

10. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

I think he's finally going to stick to Fluence because they actually offer a solution to the problems he's had with pickups in the past, that the clean tones isn't what he's looking for when making a pickups that's voiced for metal tones and Fluence is basically the first company where you can get them both without needing to compromise on either the clean tone or the dirty tone. Remember his TAM100 guitar, he runs HSH with a coil split on it, it was probably a huge pain in the ass live to have 10 different kinds of sounds to choose from. I'm not sure what control scheme he has on his new prototype though, it looks like it's just a 5 way switch.

But maybe we're all just freaking out for no reason and it could just be a custom shop guitar, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have some kind of exclusivity deal with Ibanez since he's always using Strandbergs and that funky looking Rick Toone guitar live.

Edit: Scratch that, it seems like he has the 5 way switch and a push pull according to this video. He also says in that video that he was done designing the prototype and that it would be released "soon", back in July, so either Ibanez are dragging their feet behind them or Tosin decided to pull the plug.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    couverdure likes this.
  11. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

With that kind of bevel and woods it looks dangerously like a K!?$&l......

12. MastrXploder

MastrXploder SS.org Regular

Just got off tour with Tosin, can confirm this guitar is the best one he's gotten so far. And it won't be that expensive

13. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

Can you confirm the manufacturer?

14. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 90% GAS 10% skill

define "not expensive": are we talking ballpark of his old sig prices? more? less?

15. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

You know there is no way we're going to let you drop in here, and leave without more information than that, right? :lol:

Yes, define "expensive." You mean over $2000? (ALL RIGHT EVERYONE, CALM DOWN! CAN WE HAVE SOME DECORUM IN HERE? I am aware that $2000 is not generally considered expensive, but I'm throwing it out there, because above that gets into custom territory, and a whole new ball of wax.)

And what did Tosin mean by "soon"? You think he means before the polar ice caps melt, or should I not hold my breath?

Dcm81 likes this.
  16. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

Doesn’t Tosin’s new axe have a spot on Carillion headstock?

[​IMG]

17. Randy

Randy Full on Friendship!™ Super Moderator

If I'm seeing Javier and Tosin on the right, then Holcomb and Misha on the left... am I to assume that's Jake Bowen's in the middle? Any chance of a JBM Saber for 2018?

18. cip 123

cip 123 Vendor

Jake got his S7420 touched up by LACS. Next year will be interesting, as well as the Saber he got a new hipshot hardtail RGA Titan.

Who knows which they'll go with.

Pics on his instagram.

19. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

For what it's worth, Javier posted this on his Instagram with the caption "signature guitars"

20. noise in my mind

noise in my mind SS.org Regular

Maybe Keith Merrow is staring his own company like Ola, and this Tosin sig is going to be part of it?

Hollowway likes this.