Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Nov 7, 2015.

1. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

r3tr0sp3ct1v3 SS.org Regular

2. HellaSickTight

HellaSickTight SS.org Regular

I’ll be cuddling my case for comfort in December when you have an asymmetrical neck

3. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I don't get the fuss over the neck personally, it doesn't work for me. My buddy got his Thorn neck designed with the same concept, thicker on the high string side and such.

I've always loved the opposite which the original JP's had (thicker on the bass side, thinner on the treble side). But a neck profile is a preference from player to player, and a pretty major one to boot. I wouldn't consider getting the neck profile as a feature unless I knew it personally worked for me as a player. :shrug:

4. HellaSickTight

I really love my Strandberg endureneck which is basically both at the same time. But I’m not super tripping that the legions don’t have an asymmetrical neck, it seems like a fun and unique feature, but Aristides and most other leading brands don’t do asymmetrical neck profiles and they still play great to me!

5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Eh, I guess I agree with you to an extent. But on the other hand sometimes I want to play a guitar with a thick neck, sometimes I want the paper thin wizard and sometimes I grab my Strandberg.

All just different flavours that make my play different things in different ways. Though I know some people have serious issues with certain neck profiles that I don't.

Jonathan20022 likes this.
  6. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

My main is an 080 and the neck is way too comfortable for my own good. Sometimes I’ll pick it up to just jam and then end up playing for an hour or two

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    HellaSickTight likes this.
  7. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Another one of my hangups with the Legion was that I move gear fast. I would be dropping 2k on an import larada that will then sell for 1800 (At maximum). Not worth throwing away 200 bucks just to try a guitar for me when I can wait, save up more cash, and get a master series. The master series being as limited as it is would sell for what I paid for it.

Take it from someone who is a recovering FOMO impulse buyer. It is worth it to wait and buy used. We all know this market will be flooded in a month's time. For the same price you can buy a RG5328 or 2/3 of a raw Aristides.

Also don't pay inflated prices for master series or J's. If these prices inflate, take a deep breath and relax. It's just wood dude.

That was more for me then you guys. Sorry

8. TheInvisibleHand

TheInvisibleHand SS.org Regular

9. HellaSickTight

10. ikarus

ikarus SS.org Regular

Where is the legion made?

11. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Korea

12. HellaSickTight

Darlaaa beginning her lengthy QC inspection process
    A475A5C4-6924-47A5-993C-FFE6A5E6141C.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  13. HungryGuitarStudent

HungryGuitarStudent SS.org Regular

@HellaSickTight : how is the headstock paint job, notably the paint and wood boundary?

Cute cat :)

HellaSickTight likes this.
  14. HellaSickTight

I’d say better than the hero picture on the website, I was only able to find one small imperfection at the top of the headstock. Darlaaa is super happy!

15. bassisace

bassisace SS.org Regular

Woah, maybe the pic is misleading but that looks like a big scratch. The paint looks like it’s bleeding a bit, but maybe it’s my eyes lol

I don’t wanna be a downer on your NGD. Thanks for sharing those pics and have fun with your new Legion!!

16. HellaSickTight

Hey so I deleted the picture because I’m an idiot, and it was a smudge I was able to wipe off with my finger, and I don’t want a misleading pic to get out. Here’s an updated shot, where you can see just a bit of tape masking blemishes that are super small along the top but no black smudge. You’re not being a bummer at all I’m beyond stoked on this instrument and I find QC and production runs super fascinating, and I want to share with the community so people know what they’re getting. I’d say the QC on this is better than my Strandberg.

Attached Files:

17. bassisace

bassisace SS.org Regular

Oh that seems way less than the first pic.

I would still email them a pic of the finish imperfection. It’ll help them getting QC feedback. You might get compensation as this devalues your guitar.

Don’t wanna be a downer but you rarely see these types of errors on 900$ Solar guitars, Ibanez or many other brands. It’s not too much to demand that a 2000$ instrument be mint.

Abasi seem to have QC problems across all their runs based on all the user feedback I’ve seen here and from friends who ordered one.

Hollowway and HellaSickTight like this.
  18. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Plus one to this. If you don’t talk they won’t get better.

19. Chris Bowsman

Chris Bowsman Nu-Metal Apologist Contributor

Agreed, and when you do see them on a Solar, it knocks a few hundred bucks off the price.

HellaSickTight and bassisace like this.
  20. bassisace

bassisace SS.org Regular

Exactly. And they catch it at QC level and sell it as a B stock, so the buyer knows up front what he’s paying for instead of having a bad surprise.

I hope Abasi gets things sorted out, but at this point I wouldn’t order one, especially a 3000$ Master Series or Japanese one.

Chris Bowsman likes this.