Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Jack McGoldrick

Jack McGoldrick SS.org Regular

just lean it against the wall smh ‍♀️

2. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

My Strandberg doesn't sit well in my Hercules multistand, but Ola posted a picture recently of a similar multistand that they did fit in. That might be an option. Or one of those Hercules hanger stands.

HighGain510 likes this.
  3. Noisy Humbucker

Noisy Humbucker Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.

I could be thinking of the wrong stand, or misunderstanding your concern, but would changing the pitch of the stand help at all?

The Herc stand I’ve got lets me bring in the footprint a bit (and vice versa) which changes the overall angle of the guitars.

4. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

Jesus Tapdancing Christ I may be in trouble. How does this Reverb "auction" thing work? Is it a legit auction or a smash and grab?

StevenC likes this.
  5. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Solodini likes this.
  6. HungryGuitarStudent

HungryGuitarStudent SS.org Regular

Which Hercules stand do you have? I have a Hercules 5-stand and it work well with my J-Larada (and Strandberg).

7. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

I saw that the other day and was curious about those, although I have four of the multistands now so I’m trying to avoid adding yet another huge set of stands if I can avoid it! :lol: I didn’t even think of the single Hercules grip stand, that might work actually...

The version I have is the 5-guitar multi-stand (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P0MWCU/?tag=sevenstringorg-20) so the base is fixed. You can rotate the neck holder up or down and move the spacers to try to pinch the body in place, but the actual shape of the body doesn’t allow it to sit nicely on these stands unfortunately.

Haha yeah man, if you re-read my post I actually mentioned that’s the individual stand I tried that wouldn’t work. I can move the two bottom hooks on there to the right levels for the bottom of the body, but since the bass side of the body is heavier than the treble side, the body wants to lean to the left. Normally you could try to use that little hook arm on the left side to keep it steady, however there’s enough weight leaning sideways that it can actually push the arm out of the way even when you screw down the little lock knob. Not something I really want to risk on a $3K guitar! :flame: I might grab one of the stands StevenC mentioned above though, should mitigate the issue since the legs are set in a V and you can hang it from the hook up top since this isn’t a headless. I actually really like the Fender universal stands for my headless guitars and hoped it might work for these, but it just doesn’t seem to want to sit nicely for me!

8. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

9. Noisy Humbucker

I’ve got the very same one, maybe take another look? Might not fix your problem anyway.

EDIT: I don’t have it in front of me and I’m wracking my brain trying to remember how exactly what I’m referring to (it’s not obvious in the pictures). I think it just shifts the point where the front horizontal base stops/locks (higher or lower).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  10. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

I think they only make one 5 instrument stand? I’ll check again, I didn’t have much time to mess with it earlier, but perhaps if I flip it the opposite direction it will line up better for the body shape. Do you have the face of your guitar facing to the left or the right?

Hey man! Yes, I’m still alive (barely :rofl:)!

I’ll have to check if flipping the guitar to face the opposite direction works. I normally have my guitars facing with the top of the body to the right, but maybe if I flip it to have the top facing the left, it will sit nicely on the stand? I didn’t have much time to mess with it earlier, but that may be all that’s needed for it to sit in those stands. I’ll check again shortly I guess!

Noisy Humbucker likes this.
  11. Noisy Humbucker

If I’m thinking of it correctly this would likely either solve your problem... or make it worse. :)

With the front base up higher the guitars sit even more upright (typical body shapes anyway).

12. Noisy Humbucker

13. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I use one of these Hercules trees because they work for any shape:

http://herculesstands.com/internati...nstrument/guitar/multiple-stands/gs526b-plus/

HighGain510 likes this.
  14. HungryGuitarStudent

HungryGuitarStudent SS.org Regular

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Thaeon and HighGain510 like this.
  15. thetourist

thetourist SS.org Regular

16. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

Yep. Nice 5-digit-Dollars collection...

The906 likes this.
  17. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Yep this is what I was talking about. I normally have mine facing the opposite direction, but that doesn’t work for this shape. I tried flipping it around to face the opposite direction (top of the guitar facing left) and it will work if you set it down that way. :cheers:

HungryGuitarStudent likes this.
  18. AmoryDrive

AmoryDrive SS.org Regular

New FAQ section was posted on the site, includes rough dates of upcoming runs. Big takeaway is the WMI made one seems to be referred to as "Legion"

When will the next batch of Laradas become available?

The following are estimates and are subject to change:

US Larada 8: April

US Larada 6: April

J Larada 7: July

Larada Legion 7 & 8: August

Space T: June

Please be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get latest updates once we get closer to release time.

When can we expect a headless/9-string/bass/baritone/tremolo version of the Larada?

We are consistently working on expanding the Larada line with different features. Any concrete information on upcoming models will be shared exclusively via this website and our social media channels.

Can I pre-order or put a deposit on a build?

We are not accepting pre-orders or deposits at this time. All finished guitars will be listed as they are completed and will be available for immediate purchase & shipping.

Can I spec a custom order?

We are not offering a custom shop at this time. All available guitars will be listed on this website and our social media channels.

AxeHappy, StevenC and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  19. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Really happy to see this FAQ. It finally shows that the brand is figuring everything out and is prepared for the next batches. I hope to one day try an Abasi.

20. Jack McGoldrick

Jack McGoldrick SS.org Regular

Is Larada legion wmi?