Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Noisy Humbucker

Noisy Humbucker Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.

IntegrityIsEverything - Family, eh? Well that should elminate any question of bias right there. Certainly helped clear things up for me...

2. axxessdenied

axxessdenied Arium Addict

Ninja edit lol

Veldar, Gadjet, glassmoon0fo and 4 others like this.
  3. BigViolin

BigViolin breakfast foods

Wow, just making things worse....and worse.

On a side note...still reallly stoked for namm. Not for drama but GUITARS!

GUITARS are fun!

guitaardvark, Randy, Albake21 and 2 others like this.
  4. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Am I the only one that didn't really see these "stolen design elements" between Frank's ergo model and the Abasi model? Or at least no more than any two other competing similarly-spec'd models.

5. Dayn

Dayn silly person

I suppose the question isn't necessarily whether they're similar - it would be whether the designs were derived from intellectual property that they had no right to exploit for their own use.

For example, it's one thing to see an Ibanez RG and make your own, but it's another thing to see an Ibanez RG, have access to Ibanez's CAD files and settings etc and use them to make your own.

Yeky83, Bearitone, Razerjack and 5 others like this.
  6. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

Jesus Christ Monkey Balls.

So I know I said earlier that I wasn’t going looking for the tea, but If it’s going to get spilled I’m glad it was by Tosin himself, and for as far as I can tell with the sole purpose of giving people the peace of mind to potentially buy products with his name on them in the future. I personally have been in situations where a former friend did me dirty and I understand how fine a line it is between preserving their livelihood for the sake of decency, and protecting your own livelihood at their expense. Appreciate the professionalism and thorough explanation, also appreciated the shill account laying to rest any doubt that there was much to be said to the contrary.

Great thread, good luck going forward my dude

7. JoeyBTL

JoeyBTL SS.org Regular

Out of everything I've just read on here, the main thing this situation stinks of is the SSO classic, good luthier - shit business person. All of the other dirt makes for a great soap opera but out of all of these "facts", what no one on the Falbo party has argued is that money was taken for guitars to be made by a deadline, and that deadline was not met. Tosin expressed how much he didn't want that situation to happen and its the main factor here. I'd personally like to hear of more details, but the largest portion of it seems pretty cut and dry. People on SSO have seen it so many times, anything like this sort of situation is something ABASI obviously wants to let people know that they are aware of it and want nothing to do with that type of guitar making practices.

8. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

I was supportive of the new design because my perception was that Falbo and Abasi guitars had broke things off amicably based on the way things were handled publicly.

Between the stuff about Darren and the CAD, Frank and the headstock shape, Tosin about the original concept and Ibanez making the original prototypes, I thought the design was sorta crowd/committee sourced and everyone was cool with whatever. I never thought Falbo was necessarily legitimate competition for Abasi's next phase in that perspective.

Knowing how messy things were, it definitely casts that release in a new light. Whether or not there was a NDA out of there as a result of this I have no idea but considering this was being litigated, I'd consider posting those designs and that announcement in this thread the first salvo, as opposed Tosin and Ivans statement from yesterday. Knowing what Frank knew, that was a provacative move.

JSanta, setsuna7, xzacx and 4 others like this.
  9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Either Elysian or Mr Integrity alleged Tosin hadn't paid at one point.

10. Dreamfullofzen

Dreamfullofzen Member

Had to sign up and comment after what I just read.

I've been out of the guitar community for a long time after seeing these toxic situations pop up so many times before (last one for me was the vertex scandal). Sadly it is amazing what some people do when money comes their way.

Sociopathic/borderline personality disorder behaviour springs right up, with the wrong doer player the victim, random new accounts advocating their innocence and then making up anything to detract from what took place....

Bottom line; if there is footage of tosin breaking in and stealing shit... Why was he not arrested? Pretty sure if said footage existed in the manner you claim.. That would be the case.. As for a police report.. Again.. If he did something wrong, and it was reported, he would have been taken into custody and charged... The only logical explanation to that is he did not break a law or commit a crime by taking his property (assuming this scenario even took place). The complaint was filed and the police, by law, reviewed it and saw no wrong doing... Which is probably why nothing has come from this unsubstantiated story... All I see is dishonest sociopathic behaviour... Something I've seen an awful lot of... Misspending of funds.. Lying about them.. Avoiding the truth, blaming others, then playing the victim.

If tosin was a dishonest or criminal person, why refund those customers? He could have simply filed bankruptcy and told them the money is gone? Many luthiers and builders have pulled that stunt before... You say he didn't fully pay for the builds/guitars... I can't imagine anyone fully paying for anything when finding out a builder has missed a deadline and has spent all the money he was given and is unable to finish...

I could throw in a donald trump comparison but imma stop here before this post gets too long... I'll end on by saying calling yourself einstein doesn't make you a genius, and saying integrity is everything doesn't make you jesus of Nazareth....

11. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

If Tosin was actually the getaway driver for nighttime burglaries in addition to his daytime gigs, he's going to be reaching heretofore unseen levels of cool.

12. Electric Wizard

Electric Wizard guy incognito

He already dresses like he's a getaway driver in a John Wick movie.

Actually is there a way to make that happen?

thesnowdog, Albake21, StevenC and 6 others like this.
  13. USMarine75

USMarine75 Stairway to Heaven blows Contributor

They got away in @bulb 's Porsche.

14. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

Too bad. The Abasi's I have tried in Japan were pretty neat. I hope this gets settled soon. FB_IMG_1545904528460.jpg

MickD7 likes this.
  15. USMarine75

USMarine75 Stairway to Heaven blows Contributor

Good from afar, but far from good...

16. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

I bet these ones were the ones referred to that had some work done prior to being sold in Japan.

Hollowway likes this.
  17. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Didn’t we determine that technically none of these were sold.

18. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

When they're hanging up next to a Claas and an Acacia, it doesn't take much!

USMarine75 likes this.
  19. 77zark77

77zark77 SS.org Regular

20. pondman

pondman Build Whore.

I missed it, what did he say ? :gayfight:

cwhitey2 likes this.