Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Nov 7, 2015.

1. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

I'd vote for locking this up at this point. @MaxOfMetal

Abasi made its statement. Frank Falbo made his. Now there is a new anonymous poster indicating some vague inside knowledge but playing coy. Comments from the peanut gallery at best are irrelevant and at worst will egg the principals into saying something that just makes it worse.

mlp187, jemfloral, A-Branger and 2 others like this.
  2. Darthphineas

Darthphineas Lord Of The Riff

these two comments stick out to me, in as much as it can appear that none of that history was brought up... UNTIL... Falbo made the ergo guitar. whatever gripes one party has with the other, valid or not, they seem to have been contained until someone felt someone else got out of their lane. whatever the "details of the settlement" might be, it appears there was no NDA in place.

3. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars SS.org Regular

The biggest idiot in this thread is the one who has openly slandered, likely in breach of a settlement agreement.

setsuna7 likes this.
  4. animalsasleader

animalsasleader SS.org Regular

You wouldn't have to say anything negative at all. That is a deflection and an attempt to appear more virtuous than me. The settlement occurred because even after failing to account for all of the missing money, and failing to pay your shop rent, all while hiding the imminent eviction from us and risking the entirety of the orders to seizure, you refused to willingly leave the company and go your own way.

Instead you leveraged your "shares in ABASI" and made me lawyer up to be free of you. You are not an honest person simply because you type the word out.

Frank. We have not mislead anyone. All of our assertions are substantiated. We can post further evidence if you'd like? You have my email and my phone number and home address. I would more than welcome an explanation to the missing money in the form receipts. If you are as innocent as you claim, this can be cleared up very simply and privately at which point i'll issue a public apology and write you a song... with vocals.

5. smsnyc88

smsnyc88 SS.org Regular

Don't mean to sound like a prick but you kinda added to the "ugliness". Is there any proof or anything useful you can offer to this thread? Its sounds like all hearsay at this point.

6. axxessdenied

axxessdenied Arium Addict

Check out the Falbo Instagram. His latest guitar looks awfully similar. I think that might have been the catalyst to Tosin's post?

7. arsonist

arsonist SS.org Regular

I guess it's just speculation until Tosin actually says it. He went close to saying it in reference to Falbo's new ERG endeavours, but didn't quite explicitely say this.

8. Mo Jiggity

Mo Jiggity 7-string n00b

No rules are being broken and this is saving lawyer fees by making deposition/discovery easier, not to mention it's entertaining. I vote we keep it open. After all, Frank deserves the chance to substantiate his claims and exonerate himself in the court of public opinion.

bloc, Avedas, SDMFVan and 11 others like this.
  9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Worth noting, you've definitely slandered in this thread as well.

Avedas, cip 123, lilstryer and 6 others like this.
  10. IntegrityIsEverything

IntegrityIsEverything Member

I’m actually hoping it gets Frank off his ass to post some actual details, regardless of how bad it makes the other party look.

11. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Thy Fart is Murder

yeah, but to be fair there have been chinese knockoffs of the design since it was an ibby prototype, and drinkwater made a few guitars that had a similar shape (at customer's request iirc). I don't think the shape itself is so much the issue as the fact that falbo is trying to make them on his own.

12. ElysianGuitars

13. smsnyc88

smsnyc88 SS.org Regular

Why is that so important to you? Frank will do what he will. I don't see how your input helps his case in anyway besides making him and this situation look bad.

animalsasleader likes this.
  14. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

I can see how seeing Frank advertising similar instruments would, if all is to be believed, lead one to choose to inform those who would be interested in putting money into a Falbo ERGo guitar, when doing so didn't seem relevant beforehand. I probably wouldn't disclose every negative interaction publicly, unless it seemed relevant to the context. When a relevant context comes up, yeah, I'd probably mention issues to the people it pertains to.

Purelojik and xzacx like this.
  15. animalsasleader

animalsasleader SS.org Regular

It's painfully obvious that you're a mouthpiece for Frank. I happen to know this because Frank told me about you "helping" him deflect the quality control issues after NAMM. You do you realize that anyone on this thread can scroll back to your posts and see a uncanny consistent and blind support for all things Falbo? By the way, it was MY LAWYERS who drafted that settlement, I know more about it than you. Give it a rest.

16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Thy Fart is Murder

Avedas, mlp187, glassmoon0fo and 3 others like this.
  17. ElysianGuitars

So what does it say, with regards to disclosure?

How dare I try to help your brand, by sharing knowledge of my experience with building guitars that make it to NAMM. I wasn't just trying to help Frank.

I hope you don't think you're going to pull the shit you pulled with Frank with Grover.

Purelojik likes this.
  18. ElysianGuitars

There is a police report. Tosin knows this.

19. migstopheles

migstopheles SS.org Regular

All this slanging has done is guarantee I'll never buy anything from either party :shrug:

bloc, tylerisdumb and Veldar like this.
  20. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Probably hard to argue that taking things you've paid for, that are about to be seized otherwise, is stealing from Frank.

However you've called Tosin a liar and theif a couple times, without anything substantiated. There's been quite a bit of evidence posted on one side.