A Simple Question (I guess)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by aBagel, Mar 16, 2019.

1. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

That gibby with emgs into a boosted recto with a recto standard cab will SLAY.

A Mark is always a good choice too.

2. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

People have been proving that right for 20+ years.

3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Seriously, Les Pauls with EMGs slay like a motherfucker. Keep it. Unless you aren't jiving with it for some reason, then sell it and get an Alexi 600.

But yeah, pair the Les Paul with a Boss SD-1 ad a multi-watt Triple Recto. Lawd.

Or go even crazier and get a Mesa JP2C.

4. aBagel

aBagel SS.org Regular

I actually was going to get the JP2C instead of a Rectifier, however i feel like it didnt have the that signature recto chunk, if you know what i mean.

5. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

Monstrosity’s album Millennium has the tightest rhythm playing of any death metal album ever made and it was a les Paul with emgs and a boosted jcm. Keep your lp and get a kick ass amp. Get a kliq air cell strap if playing live with an LP makes your shoulder and back scream in fear

6. aBagel

aBagel SS.org Regular

Wow, this forum REALLY loves the LP Custom EMG combination. Oh Guys btw rn Im either gonna get a JP2C/Triple Rectifier with a Jackson Pro WR7 (later) or an EVH 5150 III 50 watt EL34 with a Jackson USA WR7(later)

7. decoy205

decoy205 SS.org Regular

Nothing unmetal about a LP custom! Napalm Death, In Flames, Hatebreed and so many others rock them and they work. Still good to have another guitar for different tunings or another tone. I’d focus on the amp though first then the 2nd guitar.

8. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

Both are good options. Just gotta decide which tone suits you best.

9. iron blast

iron blast Northern Winds

You cant run a tube amp with out a cab or you will blow your output transformer even if you have a two notes torpedo live id be catious running a triple rec as its 150 watt and most load boxes are only rated for 100watts if memory serves me rite only the torpedo studio and reload offer 150 watt I could be wrong tho. Either way my vote is get a engl e530 pre run it thru the effects loop of your current amp, then buy a used japanese jackson rr3 or rr5 and if you got money left buy a used marshall 1960 cab then save for a poweramp. So you can ditch the current amp and you will be set.

10. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

This is important yes. Though, while rated at 150 watts, a Triple Rectifier's output is more in line with 120 watts. Still outpaces most lower end reactive loads. I would be careful about this. The Triple Multiwatt can be set to 50 watts though. Which is more than enough honestly. A Les Paul is Metal as fuck. SO many dudes in metal bands have played Les Pauls. You don't need a pointy guitar to be metal unless image is important to you. And if it is, arguably, that's less metal. Case in point though, Bill Kelliher, Alex Skolnick, James Hetfield, Willie Adler, Nergal, and Gary Holt all have Les Paul style ESP signatures. That's just evidence from one company. My vote goes with getting a stellar amp and cab. You're missing out on some of the feel of playing metal by keeping the guitars quiet. For what its worth, I play heavy music on a Jazzmaster style guitar through a Triple Rectifier and a 200 watt ported 112. To me. Its more fun for us to show up with a Jazzmaster and a Tele through a couple Mesas in small cabs looking like regular dudes and just decimate. People are often astonished. I only get compliments on my tone and I don't boost the Recto btw. Solid technique will do more for being tight than dumping bass and boosting the front end.

11. rokket2005

rokket2005 SS.org Regular

I run my Triple rec into my Two Notes Live all the time, it's fine. I have the Master at 12 o clock and it doesn't really get louder than that after, nor should it have to.

12. aBagel

aBagel SS.org Regular

guys so I ordered a Jackson WR7 USA from Andertons. the reason i didnt go with a Triple Rectifier is the fact that without the Torpedo its useless at home. And i kinda feel like real cabs sound slightly better. also another reason is before i created this thread i asked Andertons if i could order the WR7 from the Jackson CS. they told me that they were all presold. However, a few hours later they told me that someone over at Fender told them that (i’m not sure) Mike Shannon can build me one of those. It will be finished in around sept-oct. So I had to get it. On the amp department, im either getting a Mesa Mini Rect which is available in my country or an EVH 5150 EL34 50 watt whixh is not available in my country.Moreover, to get the EVH i will have to mess with the customs quite a bit cuz there are some weird regulations about tube amps iver here. So my question is: is the EVH worth all that fuss?