A person who is a positive influence to you

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vinchester, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Vinchester

Vinchester SS.org Regular

I think it's be nice to share some positive stories for a change.

I hope most of us are lucky enough to meet that one person who significantly make our life change for the better/take an interesting turn.

For me, it's my art teacher. He's not my highschool tutor though. In my college years I took art classes in his small art school in central Bangkok. He's about 10 years my senior, a successful interior designer, a huge Beatles/Pink Floyd fan and a vinyl collector.

Basically, I had been on the line about studying design. I wasn't sure and chose to do business course instead, but it was still in the back of my head. But with him and his colleague I got to see how designers think and work. I hang out with them for 4 years, learning drawing and painting (something very odd for a marketing student to do :lol:) He presents such an inspiring model for designers, striking a good balance between being an artist and the practical matters.

From my effort there, I finished my business degree and right after got an offer from a UK architecture course which I eventually finished in three years (I graduated on wednesday :hbang:). Right now I've just reflected how far I have come and the good things I get from having a good support and knowing the right person.

If you have any story of your own, please share!

2. vilk

vilk Very Regular

My dad. He busts his butt for the family my whole life, never complains, and he hardly sleeps 5 hours a night, and has always been there for me. If I can ever be as good a person as my dad I will die happy. I just sometimes doubt that I can.

3. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

My Mom, the most honest person I know. This happens a lot: When she comes home with groceries or whatever, she will look over the receipt and check for errors. On several occasions, she actually returns to the grocery store because they undercharged her a Nickel. She jumps in the car, drives to the store and gives the cashier the Nickel. This is trivial to many and most probably wouldn't bother but her honesty is just too awesome for me to ignore. :bowdown:

Anyways, my Mom is old school tradition, religious and all of that.

4. skeels

skeels ..to pay the beels

Ave Madre.

5. User Name

User Name Banned

morgan effing freeman

[​IMG]

6. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes

Randy.

7. Rustee

Rustee †The Skyrim Bard†

The director of music at my high school of which I graduated last year. Two years ago we started a recording unit (up until then I knew nothing about recording music) and we had a little room in the music department with a 003 rack and a Mac. I caught on really quickly and loved it, and he would let me stay past 5pm (when the music block usually closed), entrusting me to lock all the doors just so I could work on my assignment.

I got a high mark and I'm now studying music production at uni. I probably wouldn't be doing that right now if it wasn't for him.