A New Uberschall (MkII) is coming

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Apr 25, 2021.

1. AboutBlank

AboutBlank SS.org Regular

The most annoying thing is that you can hardly escape this drama around/about/with Influencers and Youtubers here.

Rezamatix likes this.
  2. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Man all this drama over a 3k amp

What’s going to happen is that they will sell like 2500 of these and all of these will rotate through the guitar center used section until the mark iii comes out in a decade.

just have fun with it.

oniduder, Perge and DiezelMonster like this.
  3. DeathByButterslax

DeathByButterslax SS.org Regular

Damn 2500?? Sounds way too optimistic

4. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

This amp is going to be great. I think a lot of people are on the same page with what would be the ideal Uberschall and I think that is what we will see. I've recently been in the market, even trying to negotiate a fair deal on a Wizard but I think I may wait for this amp instead. I've owned the Rev 2 and put a good amount of time on the TJ, they're without a doubt some of the best amps Ive ever played. For me it's how I also view Fryette and Mark Series amps. Unique and amazing.

Regarding the modeler stuff, its incredible these days but I think the old uber is something that just can't be captured. I had a Kemper, no Uber profiles came close imo. I did hear a single video on YT that was passable but in the room I just dont think it can be done. Maybe I just sucked with the Kemper.

Idk why the bad talking Reza, I can back what Badseed and Runbirdman say. Reza is a good dude and tbh he just has a few haters. If you think nobody knows him in the industry you would be sadly mistaken. I have no doubt he has put serious input into the amp but however you want to look at it is fine. This amp will be pretty killer either way.

5. Rezamatix

Rezamatix SS.org Regular

this is a funny thread. I hope you guys all enjoy the amp. It's absolutely brutal and a completely new design with some incredible
    tone shaping options.

gibson5413, Elric, Apex1rg7x and 6 others like this.
  6. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Psh what do you know about it :lol:
    F363BD96-2DE2-4A4A-97B2-21E47C5C3D79.jpeg

7. Rezamatix

Rezamatix SS.org Regular

Apparently not very much. lol.

Apex1rg7x, cardinal, Dineley and 3 others like this.
  8. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

Questin - if it's an all new design, how different does it sound from past versions? I dont follow Bogner models closely.

Gmork likes this.
  9. Rezamatix

Rezamatix SS.org Regular

it's different in very specific ways. you can get it to sound like a Rev. Original, or go for the newer sound. It's got a lot of tone shaping options. I don't know how helpful that is to someone that doesn't follow the Bogner models...

10. Sermo Lupi

Sermo Lupi SS.org Regular

The master returns! Don't mind the drama, it's just the usual forum squabbles.

Now that you're here, though, are you able to say anything more about the tonal foundation of the amp? Is it more like an original Uberschall with a new voicing switch, or a new take on the Uberschall design that can be dialed in like the old Uberschall?

I was thinking here of the Mark V vs. the earlier Mark amps, and how there's a section in the Mark V's owner manual laying out the differences with the new lead channel circuitry. In that case, the Mark V had to be dialed a specific way to sound the closest to the old amps, owning to the new components, etc.

I realize you probably cannot say much at this stage, but I was curious of your perspective as someone who spent a lot of time with the original Uberschall.

11. Rezamatix

Rezamatix SS.org Regular

Bingo.

cardinal and Sermo Lupi like this.
  12. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

An Uber with some mini switches, filters, more aggression, and tight controls would be interesting. Im not a fan of the old ubers. The Rev Blue I tried was cool though. While not a really aggressive amp, it does this 3D thing that fills the room.

Rezamatix likes this.
  13. Meeotch

Meeotch SS.org Regular

Reza can you compare this new Uberschall to the Synergy Uberschall module? I'm wondering if they are going to share some DNA? Really dig the Synergy module!

14. Rezamatix

Rezamatix SS.org Regular

no. no comparison at all. it's a completely different experience.

15. oniduder

oniduder HONKEY DONKEY

so what's the difference(s) in the uberschall part deux, vs the green revision the blue and the big boy twin jet, any word(s) besides that shitty pic on instragram which i can't look at too long before they ask me to sign up?

oh and who the give cares about the "influencers" of the you tubes, like terry towel or dingleberry whatever and jared dines or rob scallion and even misha to a certain extent, fuck em all, my latest album

ciao

16. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

@oniduder As far as I remember: the Rev 2 is the Rev Green. They changed the gain taper from the original; then the Rev Blue came and lowered the plate voltage that was apparently too high, and relocated the choke and moved a few canned caps into the chassis. The Twin Jet modded the clean channel to be a JCM800 style channel, and added the option to get KT88’s. There’s probably a few more subtle differences between them all that I’m forgetting, but I think that was the gist.

TheBolivianSniper likes this.
  17. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Crazy thought.. imagine reinhold pulls away the cover in exaggerated magician form and reveals a lunchbox uber lol. Thatd be kinda neat.

Rezamatix likes this.
  18. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

That would be heartbreaking.

oniduder, StevenC, Rezamatix and 4 others like this.
  19. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

I am considering buying an Ecstasy 3534 right now but my biggest concern is that it won't do the super heavy stuff. I would lose it over an Uberschall 3534 or similar. The 3534 is almost the perfect sweet spot for me in terms of size, wattage, etc. So I am waffling between it and some other much heavier (tone wise) amps. I don't need a 120W or so amp that is capable of making buildings collapse and needs casters on it to move. LOL.

Rezamatix likes this.
  20. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

I mean... Yeah true lol BUT then i could possibly afford one lol

Rezamatix likes this.