a new ESP/LTD 7!

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by No Soul, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

(stolen from harmony central)

Strange that it would seem like that almighty 7stringer is falling further from favor with musicians, yet ESP grants us with this

[​IMG]

I like their new string through designs for the eclipse and viper models.
    Nice to see the jeff haneman guitar finaly return.

other new 2005 esp/ltd guitars

2. Mind Riot

Mind Riot Devoted seven stringer Contributor

Do we know yet how much that one will go for?

3. darren

darren Decibel Guitars Forum MVP

Too bad SGs are so ugly, yet so friggin' popular these days. :(

4. Drache713

Drache713 Contributor

I'm just glad there's finally becoming more choices in the 7-string market....not exactly choices I would go for (if you know what i mean), but choices nonetheless... :D

5. Drache713

Drache713 Contributor

I would disagree, I'm seeing 7-strings slowly becoming more popular, at least in the metal community anyways....(nu-metal kids ditched 7-strings when they figured out they could tune down a regular guitar or get a baritone), but that's just my 2 cents! :D

6. Vince

Vince Contributor

The 7-string guitar will always have a niche audience. The fad days are over. The ones who play 7s now are ones who play them for the range and range alone (uh... that's us :) ). I for one find the 7-string, particularly the Ibanez RG models, to be the most perfect instruments for my playing. I never felt like 6-strings was enough.

7. Vince

Vince Contributor

oh yeah, I think SGs suck too :)

8. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

very very good point.

it looks to be on the 400 trim level, so Im guessing street price should be arround 600 - 700.

I actually never liked the way SG's played or sounded (save the originals or early 60s reissues). Never been a fan of the neck profile, the scale, or the incredibly dark sound. However, recently I picked up a viper400 (esp SG variant) for really cheap. I got it with the intention of selling it for profit.

Well I decided before I poster her on my local craigslist I would take her to my studio so I could run her with my rig, purely for shits and giggles. I was very pleasantly suprised. The growling low end of this guitar is quite simply BRUTAL. It really is a perfect blend of the old school with the new.

Obviously you have the SG inspired looks, but modified (obviously more so for legal reasons but still...)

you have the set neck, but it has a MUCH thinner profile than even the slim taper gibson necks, plus it has 24 extra jumbo frets (take that gibson!)
    Ive even come to enjoy the shortscale neck (only thanks to the neck profile being thinner than the gibsons)

need I mention the emg81's? (yes i know the neck 81 is useless)

Its still not my dream guitar by far, but its the king of heavy riffs.

Plus after 7 or 8 years of nothing but floyd rose antics, I LOVE having a tune-o-matic.

I know most of you guys are die hard shred heads, and clearly this guitar is not for you.

9. Vegetta

Vegetta Change Everything

Wonderhow it compares to the ax?

10. Chris

Chris Forum MVP

Amen, brother. :yesway:

11. aldog1330

aldog1330 I like beer

I agree...4 years ago I thought they were cool, and bought a brand new SG Standard. Finally sold it this week, only losing a couple hundred on it compared to what I payed for it new. Now its time to shop for a 7-string! :) I'm not sure what the big fuss is over them - they are light weight, but tend to balance funny at times. Mine always felt a bit neck heavy, and it liked to flop forward when let go, both of which made it a pain for me to play.

12. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

thats completely related to where the straplocks are located. Definitely my least favorite thing about the SG. Also the reason Tony Iomm has his mounted on the top of the cut away, instead of the back like regular SG's.

As far as SG's being popular "now" take a look back, definitely not a recent phenomenon. Santana, Clapton and Hendrix all played SGs. Of course those were very different than the ones they make now, which are just horribly dark and muddy sounding.

13. rx

rx I drink water.

hehe leaked info.

someone posted a link to the 2005 models and the thread was deleted and was threatened to be banned.

14. aldog1330

aldog1330 I like beer

Yeah, and I couldn't justify drilling a hole to move the straplocks on a brand new guitar. Oh well, it's making someone else happy and I was able to cure a case of GAS by buying a Jackson SLSMG :). Now to find that used 7 string!

15. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

very sweet guitar.
    The lead guitarist of my band has a flat black one. It needs real EMGs tho.

16. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

I don't like it either. Never did care much for SG and LP body style. Plus no trem makes it boring..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.