8 string mostly for rhythm

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by rawrxd, Feb 7, 2021.

1. rawrxd

rawrxd SS.org Regular

looking to get an 8 string that will mostly be used for tight, thick rhythm playing, but also cleans and some leads.

i'm thinking bolt on, multiscale, & fishman fluence. strandberg is way too expensive so that leaves kiesel headless stuff (their guitars with headstocks don't come with fishman option).

is there anything else in the ~$2k price range that fits this description or maybe something even better? (different pickups?)

it will end up being my "all arounder" until I can afford to have more than 1 guitar lol

2. teamSKDM

teamSKDM SS.org Regular

I think the ormsby hype 8 is the best production/import multiscale 8 , not that the others arent good but theyre not better than the ormsby. usually used around 900-1200 depending on model and condition.

Masoo2 and Hollowway like this.
  3. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

If it were me, I'd buy an Agile with the Cepheus pickups (which are surprisingly good - like Lundgrens) and save the other money and get a really nice guitar once you've played this for a while and know exactly what you want.

I also agree with @teamSKDM that Ormsby Hype 8s are solid instruments. And they have a long ass scale length, which doesn't hurt. It's just hard to find them used these days, because used guitars are crazy expensive right now.

4. teamSKDM

teamSKDM SS.org Regular

I heard that , thats why Im holding on to my minty mint rg7620 I got for 450$ In 2020 (im talking so mint the neck is still pale white satin and hasnt glossed over and turned blonde since 1997... hardly played) , cause I know itll be easily worth double or more in the years to come at the rate things are going on the used market e

Hollowway likes this.