7string replacement locking nut parts?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by No Soul, Aug 6, 2004.

1. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

I just need the actual clamps for my RG7620, anybody know where I can pick these up for cheap?

Most places Ive seen sell the entire nut.

2. Prophecy420

Prophecy420 BEADGBE

Music store with an allen wrench in your pocket, perhaps? :D

3. neantir

neantir Member

Incidentally, how much are they selling the nut for?

One of my screw holes has been stripped :/ no more trem for me until i get a new nut :/

4. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

one of mine was comin stripped so i was thinking maybe getting locking tuners and one of those compensating nuts or something eventually...

5. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

Contact Rich at www.ibanezrulez.com

Best source I know of.

Or, find a shop with a dealers licence and order direct from Ibanez..

6. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

heh, yes guitar center has fallen prety to my allen wrench numerous times.
    I figure I gotta make up for their ridiculous prices and rude salesmen somehow.

7. Digital Black

IMHO that is a piss poor way of doing things. That's why those mega stores are shitty they way they are. It also drive's the mom and pop places out of business.

I had a Ibanez tubescreamer on consignment at a local store here in Clev. It got stolen and he had to pay me the money out of his own pocket. He complained that kids were comming in a stealing picks and strings.
    I'm all for doing things cheap-even software piracy. But I've also pumped enough cash into the software market which IMO is even more price inflated. Some poor dude isn't going to end up with half of my software which he paid for. You KNOW GC would sell that new Incomlplete guitar to some buyer who won't know any better.

JUst my 2 cents, and by no means the final or correct opnion..

8. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

not to say it makes it ok, but Ive been milked by Guitar Center a bazillion times over. My last serious transaction with them was so bad it ended up with me almost taking them to court. What this boils down to is I have NO SYMPATHY for them at all. If somehow their prices get jacked up even more than they are now, then so be it. Thats even better for the boutique shops.

And I would imagine if they tried to sell a guitar missing 1/3 the locking system the buy would notice. Also, I would imagine if they didnt notice, its because they have no idea how the locking systme works which likely means it wouldnt have done them any good in either case.

And by your own admission you are guilty of doing the same thing, though you rationalize it by saying that the software industry is even more inflated that GC. Well if there is some sort of sliding scale that makes theft acceptable, here is food for thought: I took something that is worth roughly a dollar, where as software can potentially cost hundreds.

Not trying to start a flame war, just pointing out something.

9. Prophecy420

Prophecy420 BEADGBE

If you find a place, I'd like to know where/how much too. :)

10. Digital Black

i'll admit, I differ on the severity of each individual case. Hypocritical? Yes, i'll admit. But I don't see software stores and software industries closeing up left and right. I do see small chains of music stores closing down reglaly. This leaves big stores, wo only care about the bottom line. Fuck with them, then it will get worse..

Like i said->JUst my 2 cents, and by no means the final or correct opnion..

11. farizallupa

farizallupa New Member

i ave xtra lokng nuts if u wont 1