7620 vs. 7420??

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by YYZ2112, Jan 1, 2005.

1. YYZ2112

YYZ2112 Um, yeah..... Contributor

Well, I've been thinking that maybe I should look into a 7620. From what I've read on this site it sounds like they pretty much kick ass. I have a 7420, my first seven string I should add and I really like it, but it just sounds like the 7620 is a far more superior guitar. What are the major differences, the trem? Anything else?

Thanks

2. Elysian

Elysian Banned

the only differences are the 7620 has the Edge 7 trem and the dimarzio new blaze or something like that pickups.. u could always try finding an edge trem, and then put whatever pickups u want in the 7420... i dunno if u have to route out the trem cavity when going from LoTRS-7 to Edge 7 tho

3. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

Ive got a 7620, and yeah its bit better than the 7420, but if you are looking to upgrade, Id say your money is better spent on changing the pickups of your 7420.

4. Dylan7620

Dylan7620 that guy

yea... if u already have a 7420 its probly not worth it. unless u really want the trem. the pickups are dimarzio new 7, even though the cats say theyre blaze or blaze II(they arent, no matter what anyone tells you) but they arent anything that special... just a really good stock pickup. unless you really need a dependable trem because u use it alot...i would recommend finding some better pickups that you like.

5. Elysian

Elysian Banned

if u really want the edge 7 trem, ibanezrules gets em in every now and then, tho they r 275 a pop... i'd stick with a 7420 unless u can get a 7620 for a good price(then sell the 7420 of course;))

6. YYZ2112

YYZ2112 Um, yeah..... Contributor

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm surprised, I figured most of you would be saying throw that 7420 in the garbage. I was planning on switching out the pickups anyway but I wanted everyone's feedback before doing that. My only issue with this guitar is that it doesn't take much to knock it out of tune. I suppose the cheaper trem has a lot to do with that... Oh well.

7. Elysian

Elysian Banned

yes cheaper trem can have that effect... but yeah, my 7 is a lowly RG7421... course it has a dimarzio blaze custom in the bridge(looking at getting an Evo7 for it, maybe move the blaze custom to the neck spot), and its a great ax...(tho it does help that it has the RG7621 neck since its an 01 model)

8. VforVendetta00

VforVendetta00 SS.org Regular

well, if u're lookin to experiment and changing bridges i have a lo-pro 7 just lying around i was gonna use for a project but i need cash, let me know if u;re interested.