7 stringers with maple boards

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by GodBlessTexas, Jan 21, 2009.

1. GodBlessTexas

GodBlessTexas Ibanez Junky

Other than the new RG1527M, are there any other production 7 string guitars out there with maple boards?

2. Stengah_2012

Stengah_2012 Back from the dead

Off the top of my head, the Schecter Jeff Loomis sig.

3. Dusty201087

Dusty201087 Kenyon class of 2014

As far as I know the Loomis models schecters and the new RG1527M are it for now.

4. renzoip

renzoip I Am the Table

I think some Agiles do come with a maple freatboard.

5. Dusty201087

Dusty201087 Kenyon class of 2014

Crap how could I forget agile? This man is correct. There are some Agiles with maple boards. They have agile pups and are string-thru IIRC.

6. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Yup the loomis and some Agiles come with maple fretboards.

7. heffergm

heffergm SS.org Regular

I'd consider Carvin a production guitar... they just let you pick and choose a few options, so you can certainly get one with a maple (birdseye or plain) board.

8. twiztedchild

twiztedchild Banned

I would it seem that they have most of the guitar built before you ever contact them to me :lol:

9. Jerich

Jerich Contributor

guys if you are Ibanez fans and like Maple necks you need to by the 1527M...if they sell really well there could be more maple sevens in the future from Ibanez...I have pushed for quit sometime to get a maple seven..so has many other endorsee's so do not let everyone down BUY THIS GUITAR the future of Maple necked seven string Ibanez's depend on it...

as a Consultant for Hoshino developement: I have tested maple neck 7's for years this is the first one to pass the critera....

10. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

I'm saving up for the 1527m. The white body with the maple fretboard looks amazing!

11. kmanick

kmanick Contributor

According to the Bernie Rico Jr. thread the next round of those bolt on will have maple necks as an option too.
    One of those will smoke any Production Ibanez every day of the week.:agreed:
    (and I am an Ibby fan so I'm not bashing, just telling it like it is)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  12. playstopause

playstopause Contributor

Well, I don't think we have to buy this guitar for Ibanez to produce more maple-fretboard guitars... They just have to listen to what the customers want, period. If they don't put out what customers want, they'll just go out of business. "The customer is always right".

And at that price point, there is better options out there. Especially for a guitar that needs a pickups change right out of the box.

13. sworth9411

sworth9411 Banned

I agree with this, but I am going to buy it anyways. I think the price point is a little high (but the Yen is killing the dollar right now so price is slightly justified)....I have been wanting a maple neck Ibanez since the LNG and I am hoping that support for this will give us some more options for 7's in the future....

14. playstopause

playstopause Contributor

Oh, don't get me wrong, i'd buy it too if it wasn't that expensive. But 1k$ plus a pickup swap right away is too much. And while I understand the concept of "supporting" Ibanez, I don't believe they need that. They're in no way a small shop that needs support as they sell millions of guitars worldwide each year. How much profit per year they're making? If they won't add something different to their line-up, because they're reluctant for profit reasons or they have lost their innovative edge, well too bad for them.

sworth9411 likes this.
  15. GodBlessTexas

GodBlessTexas Ibanez Junky

These are my feelings as well, and as my label says, I am an Ibanez junkie. 2008 MSRP was $1333.32 with a $999 street and now the MSRP is $1599? That guitar is way overpriced for the pickups you're getting with it.

16. aeronaut

aeronaut SS.org Regular

i am really excited about the 1527m. i have a 1527 in a black finish and replaced the shitty stock pickups with a set of blackouts. the white finish with the maple fret board on the 2009 model looks really dope. however the pickups are going to be replaced with a set of SD blackouts as well. should be a nasty setup. :metal:

17. Dethfield

Dethfield Advanced Prototype

As someone else stated, some Agiles have maple fretboards. Right now they have a Septor 727 in tribal purple and Septor 725 in tribal blue in stock.

18. Sweetbabyjezuz

Sweetbabyjezuz SS.org Regular

The Agile's are a good choice but you have to keep in mind, at least imo, that you'll probably go through a pickup change with them. I find the stock pickups to be okay, not horrible, but not amazing, definately something i'd want to tweak.

19. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

Do past production guitars count? This '91 UV just sold on the bay for $3499.99 plus $50 shipping today.

Attached Files: