7 String under 1000€ ?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Martiness, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Martiness

Martiness SS.org Regular

Hi im new to this forum so i dont really know if someone asked before me really (i tried looking around but didnt find anything specific for me) and if i post to the right section, but i plan on buying a 7string, this will be my first time, i only had 6string guitars.

First of all i wanted to say that it'd be best if it was around 500-600€ but probably, based on your advices, ill be able to go higher. Im from Slovakia -> Europe and i heard that there could be problems with for example Agile guitars, because they dont ship to europe or only with big shipping prices(?).

Most important thing for me would be a versatile guitar, guitar that can play cleans as well some chuggy metal. I dont really know if thats possible for a guitar at this price, but thats okay.

Plus im a big fan of headless guitars but i know it wont be, probably, possible in this price range.
    Anyway thanks for your advices, hope you'll help me choose.

2. ICSvortex

ICSvortex 0-0-0-1

GOC Materia is headless and 7 string. (kinda hard to get a hold of in europe but it's possible)
    For non-headless, Solar guitars would be a good place to start.
    The Jackson HT7 pro would be an option aswell, but that would be around 800€

3. The Mirror

The Mirror SS.org Regular

Heavily biased on my part:

The PRS Holcomb SVN is one of the most versatile sounding guitars I played in the price range ~1000.

The Seymor Duncan Alpha / Omegas can get you everything from djent (which is after all what Holcomb plays most of the time) to almost acoustic-cleany with the phenomenal coil split (easily the best I heard, period).

26.5 inch scale, fixed bridge.

It works out of the box, however I'd advise to at least change the nut to a black tusq, but again, that pretty much depends on how nitpicky you are with your nuts (insert pun?). I also added locking tuners just because I can't do without them.

Otherwise a total monster of a seven string.

4. Carl Kolchak

Carl Kolchak Last of the famous international playboys

Look for a used Schecter KM7.

Crundles and HungryGuitarStudent like this.
  5. HungryGuitarStudent

HungryGuitarStudent SS.org Regular

Solar guitars has great 7 string options IMO at around ~1000 USD. They also B-stock sales regularly so you can grab a higher end model at a lower price.

6. mungiisi

mungiisi SS.org Regular

In this price range there's really no challenger for Ibanez RG7621 or RG1527. Solid, very high quality guitars which you can find for 500-600 euros in the 2nd hand market in Europe. Many of them even have upgraded pickups and even if they don't, the stock pickusp are quite good. With the leftover money you will replace the pickups easily.

7. -niko-

-niko- SS.org Regular

I’m also looking for first 7 string. I’m slightly going towards Solar A1.7, which I’ve heard a lot of good feedback. I have not made my mind yet because in the other hand I’m very satisfied on Ibanez PGM six string, I currently own, and also have an interest in Strandberg headless’ though they are in a bit different price category. Tough decisions

Have you already found yours?