5 years of waiting and pondering.. tonight it gets done!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by budda, Mar 10, 2008.

1. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

so its almost 2AM.. 4day weekend FTMFW :)

anyway. I've wanted to get my lip pierced since gr 9, heavily influenced by chester bennington of linkin park:

[​IMG] (not the best pic but w/e)

and tonight, i'm getting it done! going downtown with aaron, he's hopefully gonna snap some pics. lots of cleaning, mouthwash and possibly dainty eating ahead!

i also want to get my ear pierced at some point, and possibly 2 tattoos. Time will tell lol.

I hope it turns out good! :lol:

2. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

I used to really want a lip piercing just like that, but not because of Linkin Park. I wanted one just because I thought it looked pretty cool.

I used to have two piercings in my left ear with stainless steel ball bearing rings in them and I wanted a bunch more, but I had to get them all taken out for my job and I gave up. I guess I'm allowed to have piercings at my current job, but it just seems like too much work. :lol:

I would never get a tattoo, because those are permanent. I like piercings because they aren't.

3. budda

its funny, because my friend was like "why not just get a tattoo instead?" lol. i think its because you can cover those up :lol:

once i saw LP, i really liked the idea. and all through highschool my friends would get their nose or their eyebrow done, and i'd be like "yeah i want to get my lip pierced sometime". its mainly because i think it looks cool.

and here's my current style options aside from clothes:
    grow a "beard"/clean-shaven(ish: i always leave stubble, cant stand babyface)
    grow my hair out so its nice and curly/keep it short and straight(relatively).

if i grow my hair out, it means i actually have to pick it out and keep it nice, and i cant jsut roll out of of bed, run a brush over it and go to school. and i look better with short hair (i've posted the long-hair pics before :lol:)

im really hoping it doesnt affect the whole job thing too much! but i had a job last year, and im pretty sure i will be working there again this year. hopefully my boss doesnt throw tooo big a fit :rofl:

PS: now it has nothing to do with chester/LP, and he doesnt even have it in anymore haha

4. Naren

Right before I took my piercings out, I had a goatie, medium-length hair (almost down to my shoulders, but not quite), and those two piercings in my left ear. During the job interview, they told me like, "You do understand that if you get hired, you can't have those piercings?" and I was all like, "Yeppers."

5. budda

at least you were considered, since you showed up with them in (not like you'd take 'em out).

i'll most likely be working outside with other college/uni guys (worked with a bunch of friends last year).. i dont think looks will be a huge worry lol. so long as im wearing workboots, pants and a shirt, they dont give a shit :lol:

6. FortePenance

FortePenance SS.org Regular

Ah budda dude, you can always take the lip-piercing out. I mean, if you only work during summer, the piercing will have healed by then and you should be able to take it in/out with ease.

GLHF btw. :wavey: Personally, I want a tragus and maybe snakebites/spiderbites.

7. budda

pardon my "its 3 AM, what?" nes but what does GLHF stand for?

T minus 16 hours :D haha

8. Naren

I was wearing a really nice black suit with a dark reddish black shirt and a really cool looking black tie with interesting designs on it, and Steve Vai-style blue glasses. So maybe they thought "Yeah, he's got piercings, kinda long hair, and facial hair, but he's cool."

Wait... a second... :idea: on second thought, that was the job I didn't get hired for. :lol:

YAFLFPICBUJST btw. :wavey:

9. budda

you didnt? :rofl: good one dude, good one. :wub:

10. Naren

Yeah, on second thought, that was the job I applied before the job that I actually got, which I think I shaved and cut my hair before applying for. :lol:

It was bizarre. It was a 3-stage interview and you had to pass each stage to get the job and I got to the last stage, but I guess they didn't like me at that last stage.

11. budda

i guess not.

aargh i just want to get this done! i should probably go to sleep, its 3:30 haha

12. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

I can tell you're young.

You get old like me, and shit like this just gets farther and farther from your mind, generally. Anymore, I think. "Self... do you really wanna do that to your body?" And self replies, "... Nah!"

13. budda

young and kinda bored, yeah.

im just glad im not young and getting wasted every weekend and whatnot :)

14. Naren

That's one of the reasons I haven't re-pierced myself or gotten any new piercings, even though I could do that at my current job. Just seems like a bother and it's not something I really want to do anymore.

15. The Dark Wolf

Yep. You understand exactly, E. When I was younger... oh yeah. But now? Eh. "Bother", perfect word.

I have 3 ear piercings, good enough.

And getting wasted every weekend is a good thing, Budda. Especially the "whatnot" part. ;)

16. Naren

I like getting wasted on the weekend. Two weeks ago, I met up with a bunch of old college friends from the university I went to here in Tokyo and we ate and drank at a Turkish restaurant, then went to an all-you-can-drink karaoke place, and got totally wasted. Damn fun.

I'm glad I'm "relatively young" (25) and getting wasted every now and then on the weekends and whatnot. :lol:

When I feel my left ear, I can feel the holes still, but I think they've mostly closed up by now (I've had my piercings out for almost 3 years. I had them in from age 18 to 22).

17. Kotex

Kotex Trippin' balls

I got both my ears pierced in '05. I thought about it for a loooooong time. Like almost a year. Then on Halloween I just said "Fuck it" and did it. If I didn't like them I could always take them out. Turns out I really like them and I've had them in ever since.

And yes, getting wasted on the weekend (and sometimes...okay a lot of times) during the week is awesome. :lol:

18. The Dark Wolf

You could always try 'em. I didn't wear earrings in mine for... wow. 7, 8 years? Something like that.

I started wearing earrings again off and on about 2 years ago or so. Holes were still good, crazy enuff.

19. Uber Mega

Uber Mega Try my fist! Contributor

I took my two plugs, two top ears, my eyebrow and lip piercings out last year...and I feel liberated! No longer shall face washing be a PITA!

But good on you dude, they do look f'ing cool :metal:

20. Naren

I'd wanted to do it for about 3 years before I did and I never regretted it. I really really liked them and hated the fact that I had to take them. However, since then, I really haven't felt like bothering to put the piercings back in or get new ones.