30” scale bari options?

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How was the guitar when you got it? How much was needed to adjust it? Im gunna buy mine this week in white.
Mine was ready to play straight out the box!
I have since upraded the hardware but the stock tuners arent the worst Ive encountered

Rxcoma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What’s out there for 30” scale baritones other than the Fender or Schecter offerings?
I got this Inyen Vina Bass VI to try out the whole Bass VI thing and absolutely fell in love. For budget brands....no scratch that... overall... I have a ton of faith in this company over the course of the 6 or 7 instruments I've bought from them. As far as dollar vs quality goes.... they're pretty much unbeatable in my experience. Scale length on this is 30.25" I believe and the only adjustment it needed AT ALL out of the box was to raise the saddle a hair on the 2 lowest strings. Even the stock CNC Destiny single coils ended up sounding great and I didn't end up switching them out so now I have a set of jaguar clone pups just sitting in a box waiting for the Aria Pro II B-Tone once it comes. Oh, and if you're looking into 30" scales I MIGHT HEAVILY SUGGEST not just the Inyen Vina or IYV ILS-200-VI but the

ARIA PRO II B-TONE

It is a BEAUTIFUL sounding and super fast 30" scale guitar.

Attachments

• 20221029_040928.jpg
    20221029_040928.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19

Rxcoma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What’s out there for 30” scale baritones other than the Fender or Schecter offerings?
These are both pretty sick 30" guitars that won't drain the bank

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221029-041852_1DM Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029-041852_1DM Lite.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20221029-041758_1DM Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029-041758_1DM Lite.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 31

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
I've got one of the 29.75 Gretschs and its blown me away. Impulse curiosity buy but hell of a guitar for the money. Dont be fooled by the vintage vibe
The electromatic jet baritones are tons of fun, especially for sludgy/doom metal ime.

WillyTheMLGPro

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Theyre
Are those standard mini hum/p90 routes?
They're Gretsch's version of mini humbuckers. The routes are basically P90 sized. They pretty good but you are limited in options if you wanted to go something aftermarket. I've even considered filling in the routes and rerouting for standard humbuckers. Purely for the purpose of swapping pickups in the future but the stock ones are fine.

lewis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Theyre

They're Gretsch's version of mini humbuckers. The routes are basically P90 sized. They pretty good but you are limited in options if you wanted to go something aftermarket. I've even considered filling in the routes and rerouting for standard humbuckers. Purely for the purpose of swapping pickups in the future but the stock ones are fine.
I would just use EMG p90 versions of 81s or 85s if I had that to avoid routing -

s-l1600.jpg

JimboLodisC

black Ibanez plz
Reaction score
so the Bunn site will be a great resource, the guy knows his baritones

other than the ones mentioned already, there's also the Agile Intrepid Pro 630 for ~$600 or the 29" scale Solar A1.6FBB-29 for $1200, but you can find a lot of options for way cheaper than that Solar, fortunately we don't have to pay $1000+ on the Squier Jazzmaster baritone anymore, just stick to what you can get from Squier, Gretsch, Agile, Harley Benton, SubZero, etc. in the $175-$750 range instead

if you fancy building from a kit, Warmoth or Pit Bull Guitars would be the options there

for my own builds, I bought premade necks and used shop machines to make the bodies for them, one neck was just $70 off ebay and the other a more expensive luthier made one (comparable in price to a custom neck from Warmoth)

Last edited:

alex_x

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

if you can find one used that is
Wanna test this sexy baby for years, what a pity it'll never be available in my shithole (sounds weird, I know).

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I never like the finishes on agiles, but man I love their headstock designs. intstock.jpg

vertibration

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had the Grestch G5620, rid myself of it. Really uncomfortable guitar to play. Heavy, the body grinds into your abdomen when sitting which is super uncomfortable, and the pickup swap is costly because you will need to route the cavities to fit any pickup regardless if its a P90 or a mini hum.

Proceed with caution