27” 7 String With Fixed Bridge Options

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by buck fever, Mar 2, 2020.

1. buck fever

buck fever Contributor

All of my guitars have lo-pro tremolos, and that’s great. I love them. However, I need something that’s slightly more flexible for different tunings on the fly, so I figure I’ll get something fixed or string-thru. I’d prefer a 26.5” or 27” scale. Must be 7 string. I haven’t seen Ibanez make anything like that in the prestige line, except the RGD line and those make me wanna vom aesthetically. Otherwise, Ibanez Prestige is my go-to.

There’s a Jericho Fusion 7 on reverb right now; does anyone have any opinions or experience with these? I’d also gladly take suggestions, but please no PRS, EBMM, Schecter. I’d like to spend less than 2K.

Thanks, everyone!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

I play music likes this.
  3. buck fever

buck fever Contributor

That’s pretty sharp. The reverse headstock is a nice touch. Also, I don’t know who the heck Alex Wade is.

4. Jeffrey Bain

Jeffrey Bain SS.org Regular

5. buck fever

buck fever Contributor

6. Jeffrey Bain

Jeffrey Bain SS.org Regular

I hear ya man, it's what has kept me away from the iron labels as well

7. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

What about kiesel?
    Plenty of choice : Aries with or without bevel, Vader 7, DC700, solo 7, scb7.... Probably a few more im forgetting.

You have the budget for some nice options and diverse choices. The longer scale is 50/100$ or something like that iirc

8. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Is Schecter off the table? Most of their 7’s are 26.5 I believe.

9. buck fever

buck fever Contributor

I’m getting the hint that Jericho guitars aren’t worth discussing?

10. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

According explicitly and specifically to the OP, yeah schecter is out :lol:

Although I wonder if it may be based on impressions from a few years ago perhaps? If they were not excluded by op i would definitely have recommended them as well at the <=1k mark. I would not have done that 5 years ago. Nowadays, hard to beat in quality and value for an import.
    That said, with almost 2k, I'd still go kiesel.

Mathemagician likes this.
  11. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

I’d go 2027XL and just block the Lo Pro personally. Better quality and cooler looking IMO than anything else that’s under $2k new, and better tuning stability than a fixed bridge. The other option coming to mind is a used Jackson B7. Prices seem to have crept up but you definitely used to be able to get them under $2k. Misha HT7s are pretty easy to find used under that price too—I saw a couple in Silverburst on GC used the other day for less.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  12. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Weirdly Jericho doesn't get mentioned around here much. I've always wanted to give them a try but something about them just holds me back.

buck fever likes this.
  13. Aaron

Aaron SS.org Regular

Im taking the risk and have one pre-ordered. So far I've had good luck with the iron labels but have played some lemons for sure. I work at a pretty good shop(Tweed Hut Music) and ordered it through the Ibanez rep. If it sucks I'm sending it back for a 2027XL. I just really want that all black aesthetic with the reverse headstock, blank fretboard and most importantly the fixed bridge.

14. Rollandbeast

Rollandbeast SS.org Regular

I got a ignition 6 string baritone couple months back and it's already my most played guitar I love it

buck fever likes this.
  15. buck fever

buck fever Contributor

Keep me posted, my friend! I can vouch for the 2027xl and say it’s the finest Prestige I’ve laid hands on. Truly worth every penny. Now if they’d just make the same model with that Tight-End bridge!

16. Sdrizis89

Sdrizis89 SS.org Regular

I own a Jericho Fusion 7 but bought it back in like 2014 when they first got some traction. I love it for the price. The pots and jack needed to be replaced but other than that it was fine. Sounds amazing, I love using it to track rhythms to this day. I also have the first AW-7 from LTD. That one is 25.5 scale and I needed to replace the bridge saddles to graphtech because the stock ones didn’t hold intonation at all. New saddles and the guitar rips. Alex Wade himself actually gave me the recommendation to swap saddles, props to him for standing behind the guitar and helping me out. Both guitars are great after small mods. I’ve heard shipping from Jericho can take a bit if you do a preorder thing with them but from reverb should be fine. Great guitars for the money.

buck fever likes this.
  17. Endnote

Endnote SS.org Regular

I'm a big fan of PRS when it comes to 6s but they don't make 7s I'm into, so I went with ESP NT-7B in satin black. I picked one of these up used in mint condition a couple months back and I love everything about it. It does come with actives though, and while I'm a fan of actives on 7 string guitars, some aren't. But it meets some of the prerequisites you described, and it retails at less thank 2k, and made in Japan. Also I haven't seen too many dealers with them in stock. All that said, I love it.

https://www.espguitars.com/products/19090-e-ii-horizon-nt-7b-hipshot

Zanmato86 likes this.
  18. Zanmato86

Zanmato86 SS.org Regular

Id second this. The neck is superb on this guitar. Possibly a bit cheaper than this is the ESP LTD SC607b. I have the black one but the new ones are in different colours. Also worth a look? Also a great guitar but tune o matic instead of hipshot bridge.

19. Iron1

Iron1 Old School Blacksmith

20. buck fever

buck fever Contributor

I don’t know much about Agile, but I’ve always assumed they were cheap import trash. I’ll do some reading.