26 Worst Guitar Modifications Ever

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Daf57, Dec 22, 2015.

1. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

[​IMG]

2. lava

lava Gelatinous

Yeah, it's hard to envision. Next time you play your guitar, strum the strings between your fretting hand and the nut. Imagine if you could have another pickup under those strings and could strum in a circle around your fretting hand playing those strings plus the strings you normally play all at once, and have them both sound equally loud. That's what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, the instrument that I made currently has a broken nut so I can't demo it, but I'll necro-bump this thread once I do fix it.

3. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

^ yeah, do that.... id like to see it.

4. lava

lava Gelatinous

Here's a pic of the Quetar:

[​IMG]

The nut is currently broken off of it (see the white adhesive residue near the tuners), but you get the idea. Fret a note in the middle and strum in a circle around your hand, and you have two sets of strings sounding at once.

5. Alberto7

Alberto7 Sillygoose Engineering

... is there even a way to make that work without one of the sides sounding like a death cacophony?

EDIT: oh wait, nevermind, I just read what you wrote before. It actually looks quite neat... out there, but neat. :lol:

6. lava

lava Gelatinous

I made it 23 years ago and I still suck at playing it. So yeah, it's hard to make it sound... western. It's kind of middle-eastern sounding, not only in the interactions between the two sides, but also the timbre. Maybe like a sitar/dulcimer type tone.