25-28 fan. Good or not?

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by leftyguitarjoe, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

I'm not exactly sure how the geometry works. I'm sure I could figure it out. But doubling it seems a lot. I think the percentage of deviation will be divided between the angle of the nut and the angle of the bridge based on how much of a deviation that fret is from the centerpoint of the string at the 12th fret. I could be talking completely out of my ass though.

2. geeman8

geeman8 SS.org Regular

You could go to https://www.ekips.org/tools/guitar/fretfind2d/
    and plug in the proper values, print it off, tape it to something, and see what you think. I did this a while back testing out how extreme I could push an 8 string fan. I just got a big piece of cardboard and cut out a guitar shape and taped the printed fretboard to it.

3. oniduder

oniduder HONKEY DONKEY

curious if anyone has an opinion on the newer headless agile guitars vs the GOC stuff i see

they're priced roughly similarly, one could argue all day about quality issues all day forever

but curious

also frankly i don't know if any headless is the best thing

aren't strandbergs wonky in their own right, particularly with the bridge string changing and everything a normal non-headless guitar can do with no issues whatsoever?

thanks

4. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

For me, headless is a size, weight, and look thing. As long as changing strings isn't as painful as a floyd rose, I'm happy. I can't imagine that it would be though.

5. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

Update: I ordered it. Thanks for the input.