Ok dudes, this is my latest conversion, and my best work yet...there are still some crooked frets, and some of the spacing is still off (as usual) but I haven't been able to get it this close to perfect until now, and I am damn proud of this one. This one will most likely go to Sam, my best friend, bandmate and co-guitarist. We have some music now, and we are working on getting our bassist caught up. (I also have converted his bass, I will need to post a thread on it another day) After that, I will be posting video clips of all 3 of us playing our microtonal guitars together, kind of a Meshuggah/FearFactory type of project with microtonal guitars and exotic scales in the riffs and leads. Sam and I will have matching 24-tone Agile Interceptor 727's and our bassist, Pete, has his 24-tone Toby bass. I think its going to be an awesome set-up, and the three of them will look pretty crazy on stage too, all those frets! I sold off all my previous microtonal conversions on eBay, and sold them cheap ($200-$300) and used the money to buy this guitar and all the parts I needed to convert. Came to $525 for everything, excluding what I've already invested in tools in the past. Included were Sam's Grendel and his M17 (both converted) to pay for the other Interceptor and all the parts. I started with a bolt-on Interceptor, because I need to be able to remove the neck to slot the fingerboard. Otherwise I could've just bought the Interceptor Pro, for the same money I spent on the guitar, pickups, and parts. A little dissapointing, but I figured that the bolt-on version still had a nicer neck than my Grendel because the description and the picture of the Interceptor both showed it having a 3-piece hard maple neck, but it arrived with a 1-piece softer maple neck with a scarf-joint....oh well. This was my first time routing a guitar for EMG's, although I have installed an EMG 81 in a 6 string before (no routing) so I was at least already able to wire up an active system. I have never even used a router before, I practiced a little bit in the control cavity and then went to work on the top. I think it looks pretty good for my first attempt, I only wish I had made my cuts a bit closer to the pickups. Decided to save some money on this and put an EMG-HZ bass pickup in the neck position, and its not connected. Also, the tone and 3-way switch are bypassed, the bridge pickup (EMG 81-7) is wired to the volume pot, then to the jack. Eventually I intend on putting a 707 in the neck position and wire in the tone and 3-way but for now this set-up suits me just fine, and looks nice without any missing parts or jerry-rigging. I used larger fret wire this time, opting for medium-jumbo instead of my usual medium frets...I find that the larger the fret wire, the more prone the neck is to buzzing and fretting out, especially in the higher register....my previous conversion had the medium frets, which worked great in the higher register, but left the lower frets feeling a bit wimpy. I was also able to put a radius on these (14") which I haven't been able to do in the past, using a flat leveling beam. I finally ordered one of those $150 radiused leveling beams from StewMac and used it to do the board and the fret tops. Probably my best work yet too, on the fret leveling. There are a few buzzy spots but nothing too major. I might level them again in a few weeks, once the neck has "set" and the guitar is more broken in. I literally bought this thing new and had already taken it all apart within an hour of delivery. So it's still got that "stiff" and "sterile" new-guitar feel to the neck. I have it tuned standard, with Pure Nickel 9's. I am taking delivery of a 2nd Interceptor tomorrow, same model and finish, and will be doing the exact same conversion as this one, right down to the EMG 81-7/EMG-HZ combo.