2022 plugin deals

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't think we have a general thread for this year yet so here we go!

PA, native instruments, and izotope seem to have joined up under a new umbrella called Soundwide.

There are some free goodies out there. Worth picking up just for the Black Box HG2 alone imho.

happy free plugin day!

🙋‍♀️

edit: weird... I can't get Neutron to authorize.. Oh well...maybe it'll work later.

Last edited:

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Basic piano from Heavyocity....these guys are good.

Delay/reverb, arps, linking, etc.....usual. Free and works in paid or free versions of Kontakt.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Basic piano from Heavyocity....these guys are good.

Delay/reverb, arps, linking, etc.....usual. Free and works in paid or free versions of Kontakt.

oh sweet. Heavyocity stuff is awesome

Can never have enough pianos too

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Swear to god I'm not just trying to find pianos....but here's another one. this is a cinematic piano with every string tuned to E and played all at the same time lol

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
kush is having a flash sale

blyss and the ar-1 are really great. I have the silika too, but i haven't had a chance to give it much of a whirl yet. silika is real grungy dirty if you want it to be

i'd give the novatron or pusher a whirl, but I'm tapped out for the time being on purchases.

bjjman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
blyss and the ar-1 are really great. I have the silika too, but i haven't had a chance to give it much of a whirl yet. silika is real grungy dirty if you want it to be

i'd give the novatron or pusher a whirl, but I'm tapped out for the time being on purchases.
Omega 458A is awesome as well. Sounds brilliant whether you're adding an almost imperceptible sheen or pushing the hell out of the signal. I've used it on guitars, vocals and even drums to great effect. A really musical sounding saturation.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Omega 458A is awesome as well. Sounds brilliant whether you're adding an almost imperceptible sheen or pushing the hell out of the signal. I've used it on guitars, vocals and even drums to great effect. A really musical sounding saturation.
oh good to know

I almost picked up the omega pack a while back. I did a suuper quick demo of them a long time ago and thought they were nice, but i didn't spend enough time with them

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
toneprojects.com is having a sale

I've had Unisum for a while and I think it's pretty great. I haven't really even begun to explore all the options on it yet though since it's so deep.

I'm thinking about grabbing Kelvin.....but i just grabbed the kush omega pack this morning since I wouldn't resist.

... how many saturation plugins does a guy really need 🤔

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i've spent a couple of days now with the kush Omega pack. You're right, that 458A is awesome. I'm really digging the OmegaA and TWK too. The OmegaN is a bit woofy so I haven't found as much of a use for it yet on my testing, but i'm sure I will at some point.

DC23

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Audio Assault seems to be having a decent sale. I've never tried any of their amp plug-ins but am tempted by the new 'The Crown' as I love the Triple Crown (although I had a TC50 not the TC100 model the plug-in is based on). Any comments or users of their gear? Worthwhile purchase?

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So Melda just released MTurboAmp today.

It looks interesting. It may be more open ended than I really want to deal with though since it looks so ridiculously customizable. It's on sale for $26 CAD as an intro price so it's kinda crazy cheap.

Might give it a test whirl later if i can get some time.

bjjman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

It looks interesting. It may be more open ended than I really want to deal with though since it looks so ridiculously customizable. It's on sale for $26 CAD as an intro price so it's kinda crazy cheap.

I saw this today and agree that the approach is very interesting. That said, I think I'd prefer to spin up Pro-Q to tweak rather than mess around with an unfamiliar tone stack 'inside' an amp.

Bear in mind, this is pretty much the only amp sim that doesn't include cab sims. I'd assume you probably have a ton of IRs but good to know for anyone going in.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I saw this today and agree that the approach is very interesting. That said, I think I'd prefer to spin up Pro-Q to tweak rather than mess around with an unfamiliar tone stack 'inside' an amp.

Bear in mind, this is pretty much the only amp sim that doesn't include cab sims. I'd assume you probably have a ton of IRs but good to know for anyone going in.
totally

yeah, it's just so open ended, it's more like something to just experiment and play with for hours on end.

I could easily see myself going down a rabbit hole and not get anything done.

I still haven't demo'd it yet, but I'm probably going to pass.

(oh yeah, and good point for others on the IR. I do have a ton, but some folks probably don't)

DC23

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Came here to see if anyone had opinions on this. I watched a couple of videos around it and am still kind of on the fence about it. I don't have an interface at the moment so if I would get it, it would be to have for down the road. I'm also not an amp builder (although I find that feature cool), so not sure how practical it would be if you have to really drill down to components to get somewhere tone wise.

danthotto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Audio Assault seems to be having a decent sale. I've never tried any of their amp plug-ins but am tempted by the new 'The Crown' as I love the Triple Crown (although I had a TC50 not the TC100 model the plug-in is based on). Any comments or users of their gear? Worthwhile purchase?
I’ve purchased a couple of things off Audio Assault (amp sims, IRs, reamp) and I’ve never paid over $5 and they all sound amazing. If there’s something you’re interested in, I’d suggest signing up for their newsletter and waiting for them to send you an email saying it’s on sale.