2018 Customs - Couple of Things I'm Working On.

Sang-Drax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Whats going on with Courtney? I emailed, and pm'd her about having a body made a few days ago. With no response.

Sometimes it takes more than a few days, man. Don't worry; she'll get back to you =)

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
Hopefully everything is OK, i emailed / PM'd Courtney about 2 weeks.

Courtney if you can read this please msg me, just want an update on the neck :)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you look at her profile she hasn't been online here in about a month...

Last Activity: 05-26-2010 09:52 PM

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it practically EVERYONE has to be flakey these days? :lol: If you have customers here, you should make an apperance from time to time to check your pms and give updates.
Business 101. It seems that alot of people that know how to make guitars know absolutly NOTHING about running a good business with good customer service.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully its not a health issue or something :\

That would be totally understandable, but 99% of the time, it would still be possible to let your business customers to know whats up at the very least.

I'm not really trying to rag on anyone, i'm just saying its pretty inconsiderate to not inform your customers whats going on.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Last email I got from her was on Jun 13. She said my body was completely done except for the cavity covers. I emailed her on the 22nd and she hasn't got back to me. Must be some well built cavity covers....

I placed the order for a simple 540p body on Feb 27 which was supposed to take a month, but now its almost July, so I'm really quite frustrated. I mean...She uses a CNC machine.

After dealing with Legacy One, and this (and hearing the horror stories of Chris Woods and others), I'm never going to place a custom order online anymore. I simply don't have the patience or sympathy for excuses, especially for not communicating with paying customers.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Yo,

Courtney just sent me an e-mail saying she can't take up my build request as she has a lot on her plate at the moment. I hope she checks back in with you guys, I'm confident that it will be alright.

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
She sent me an email when I inquired about some work:

Hi Todd!
Things have been really tough on me this year so far. I've had to take on a couple of other jobs and drop luxuries like internet just to get by. So I've been scarce on my email and I haven't even seen the forum in what seems like a couple of months now. There's probably all sorts of negative talk going on. What can I do though, you know? I'm just trying to stay afloat. The economy has really hit me hard.

I'm on my neighbors computer right now and I don't have time to get on the forum. If you feel like passing this along I would appreciate it. Right now I'm not taking any more customers. I'm going to finish off the orders I have right now and then move forward at that point. I don't feel right about taking on more orders and have them wait it out. It's not fair and I don't want to be one of those builders...which now I'm afraid I've become.

If you're still interested in having something done later on this year, please let me know. Just contact me and I'll let you know where I stand. I'm hoping that all this changes soon and I can get back to normal.

Anyways, thanks for contacting me and I hope to be in touch with everyone on the forum soon.

Thanks!
-Courtney

Sang-Drax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
FWIW, she's been very supportive to all my inquiries so far. If the body I ordered is delayed, it's mostly due to my own delay in providing her with a hipshot bridge, which I only did recently.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Alright, this is ridiculous. My body was done on Jun 13th, she sent the pictures. Why the fuck it hasn't been sent is beyond me.

I did some googling, and found out a few things about her that annoys me.

She has a masters in engineering of some sort, she has lots of recording gear, and she has a nice garage wood shop consisting of a CNC machine which I would assume would cost somewhere in the range of 6 grand alone.

Now for such an educated person, you would think if she was now in the position that she can't even afford internet now, what was she doing buying guitars, cnc machines, and wasting time offering luthery service rather than building an emergency savings? I learned better financial responsibility in middle school.

I don't mean to be dogging on a person in tough times, but I had to get that out. We all have our responsibilities to deal with.

And shit, if you are going to ditch your internet, AT LEAST GET YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS PHONE NUMBERS TO KEEP IN CONTACT. :realmad:

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
Alright, this is ridiculous. My body was done on Jun 13th, she sent the pictures. Why the fuck it hasn't been sent is beyond me.

She has a masters in engineering of some sort, she has lots of recording gear, and she has a nice garage wood shop consisting of a CNC machine which I would assume would cost somewhere in the range of 6 grand alone.

Now for such an educated person, you would think if she was now in the position that she can't even afford internet now, what was she doing buying guitars, cnc machines, and wasting time offering luthery service rather than building an emergency savings? I learned better financial responsibility in middle school.

I don't mean to be dogging on a person in tough times, but I had to get that out. We all have our responsibilities to deal with.

And shit, if you are going to ditch your internet, AT LEAST GET YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS PHONE NUMBERS TO KEEP IN CONTACT. :realmad:

I know it sucks (im in the same boat as you), but lets not take it to a personal level.

Lets give her a chance to do the right thing, i agree about the phone # thing (and she did promise to call).

I will keep you guys posted.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm not defending Courtney at all, but I believe she bought her stuff then lost her high-paying job... sort of makes sense don't you think?

I do agree that if you're running an internet based business and are turning off your internet emailing your customers and letting them know this beforehand would just be good business... or hell even just common courtesy. Anyways, not posting anything else in this thread, but just that rant needed some response :lol:

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I'm not defending Courtney at all, but I believe she bought her stuff then lost her high-paying job... sort of makes sense don't you think?

I do agree that if you're running an internet based business and are turning off your internet emailing your customers and letting them know this beforehand would just be good business... or hell even just common courtesy. Anyways, not posting anything else in this thread, but just that rant needed some response :lol:

No, I've known plenty of people who lost their job and had at least enough for internet because they didn't spend it on unessential things while they had a job.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
No, I've known plenty of people who lost their job and had at least enough for internet because they didn't spend it on unessential things while they had a job.

Any luck contacting her?

I have another builder waiting for the neck so we can start on the body :\

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Any luck contacting her?

I have another builder waiting for the neck so we can start on the body :\

Nope. Check your paypal details for her phone number though. Tried to call a few times, but nobody answered.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I'll try giving the number a call (going to look for it tonight)..

honestly i would be happy if i could just get the unfinished neck and have Dave finish it

let me know if you have any luck contacting her

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score

I gotta defend this guy here. If the body was done, she should ship it. Its not this guys fault she cant maintain her end and i think his anger is completely justified.
I'd just be happy knowing that her rep is pretty much shot at this point