FS 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic in Fireburst *WITH UPGRADES*

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by themindboggler, Oct 17, 2020.

1. themindboggler

themindboggler SS.org Regular

Having owned numerous Gibson Les Pauls over the years, this really is a fantastic example with a gorgeous 60s style slim neck and some of the most striking Mother of Pearl inlays I've ever seen. It still has the original zebra Classic 57 Humbuckers and the (controversial) Tronical automatic tuners fitted (which I think are excellent and work perfectly when using lots of different tunings).

I have had some upgrades professionally fitted which I will list below. I believe these improve the overall aesthetic and sound performance, but do not in any way affect the playability. All work was completed by Glasgow GuitarGuitar Luthier Billy Finlayson of Finlayson guitars.

----------------------------------------------------

ELECTRONICS UPGRADES:

•Original Gibson PCB replaced with full 50s wiring style with all new CTS 500K pots and Paper in Oil Capacitor (0.022uF @ 1000v), considered by many to be the capacitor of choice in guitar tone circuits.

•15db boost toggle switch replaced with tone control knob (Original PCB supplied).

AESTHETIC UPGRADES:

•Brass nut replaced with GraphTech PQL-6110-00 TUSQ XL Zero Fret Gibson Replacement Guitar Nut, straight swap out (still have original Gibson brass zero fret nut).

•Amber top hat knobs added (Gibson original parts).

•Toggle switch tip fitted with amber replacement (Gibson original parts).

• "Classic" truss rod replaced with blank 50s style (Gibson original parts).

•Electronics backplates fitted with replacement 50s style (Gibson original parts).

•Schaller 5445 strap locks fitted (original Gibson strap buttons also included).

I have tried to photograph any and all cosmetic imperfections I have found on the instrument, of which there are very few. Overall, this is a fine example of a REAL Gibson Les Paul with some premium upgrades which only enhance the overall performance of this beautiful guitar. The guitar comes from a smoke-free home, has been carefully looked after and has never been gigged.

All original plastic parts, PCB, truss rod cover, electronics covers etc. will be included with all the original case candy, paperwork etc. and original hard case.

£1500 ONO