10 more states concidering Immigration Laws!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mindcrime1204, May 11, 2010.

1. Syrinx

Syrinx SS.org Regular

And to think some people were worried about racial profiling..

2. Mindcrime1204

Mindcrime1204 SS.org Regular

Just like when the market crashed, bernie madoff did some of the most damage to our economy so he was the face used to describe our current situation...

And Mexicans are wondering why they feel most targeted? :scratch:

Living in San Antonio for the past 25 years you can see plain as day there's a HUGE problem with illegals.

Theres so many illegals working at different places here for so cheap, it drives down the pay and incentives for legal american workers. :noway:

3. xiphoscesar

xiphoscesar SS.org Regular

thank you

4. Deadseen

Deadseen SS.org Regular

Yeah and 60% of that numbers are other Scandinavians. God damn Finish people coming over here to make trouble, with their saunas and their vodka.

5. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

Where I live we have like no Finnish people at all :lol: And I live in Norrland. Note that Norrland is NOT, Gävle and up like the media makes you think.. A true norrlänning only count Norrland as Umeå and up :nono:

6. Deadseen

Deadseen SS.org Regular

We have a bunch of finish people here in Stockholm. And everything above solna is norrbotten, everything below nacka is skåne and everything to the west is not worth mentioning until you come to norway ;)

And I though half of norrland was filled with finish people, I mean you even have tornedalsfinska and stuff like that.

7. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

this is the best explination ive seen on this issue. repped post for you, sir :yesway:

and xiphoscesar, good luck bro. i sincerely hope everything works out for you.

8. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

Yeah that's what you guys think, but that's just wrong :fawk:

We do have "Tornedalsfinska" up here, but most of the Fins live by the border.

9. Janiator

Janiator SS.org Regular

:yesway:

I need to put in this as well:
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=walmart

10. S-O

S-O t(-.-t)

4th amendment. This is above state law.

Also. American companies hire them, in what is really a basic idea of capitalism and competition, someone is out there willing to sell his or her labor at a lower price, and are in more demand with this lower price.

But, this is breaking many laws, such as minimum wage. I feel the companies are exploiting immigrants. Though, compared to what they would make in their homeland, many are banking it comparatively.

11. Dusty201087

Dusty201087 Kenyon class of 2014

Thanks for seeing it my way. This is why I don't like the internet more and more, it's so much easier to misunderstand people when you're not face to face and they're only speaking with words. I would certainly never say anything was/is as bad as Nazi occupied Germany :lol:.

While a zealot is a religious warrior, it can/has/is being used in a figurative sense as in "a warrior that will stop at nothing" - like a religious warrior. Also, some people on both sides of this bill are acting like it's a religious deal - it's their way or the highway - which is so wrong I'm not even going to go into it here. People have to be understanding of other peoples feelings and at least listen to opposing thoughts.

Thanks for the neg rep talk as well :yesway: I try really hard not to be a dick, so seeing that made me :mad:

12. renzoip

renzoip I Am the Table

Well, I know it was recently announced that a person that is eligible for any kind of adjustment (came to the country with a valid visa/passport) may not be criminally charged for working. However, a person in such situation may not be able to get an ID or driver's license, work, rent a house, attend college, open a bank account, etc; processing times are pretty long too. Therefore, life is still pretty difficult and risky until the status is actually adjusted.

But I agree, people who came here legally and are taking care of their situation withing the framework of the law should not be deported or be made to have such a hard time while they wait.

13. renzoip

renzoip I Am the Table

Good luck to you, man. And best wishes!! :shred:

14. renzoip

renzoip I Am the Table

Here in South Florida, it is not so unpopular to think like that. ;)

However, I think that it's too easy to say " Oh, fucking well". In fact, most people who say that obviously say it because they would not be targeted. Finally, people should understand that while these people may or may not be everything they accuse them of, it is "our" policy and it is about us. Undocumented immigrants are definitely to blame, but how we deal with them is about us. Our principles should be constant, not variable IMO. :usa:

15. xiphoscesar

xiphoscesar SS.org Regular

thank you soo much

and some illegals are not here for trouble, were here to make the best of our life and do the best for our family

16. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

In that same vein, if the companies made a conscious decision to hire ILLEGAL labor, shouldn't they too, be held accountable for it? I'm not saying people should have free reign to break whichever laws there are, but when are NO jobs in mexico, obscene amounts of corruption at all levels of government, and escalating cartel violence into the streets of cities, then it speaks to a greater problem within mexico that the U.S government has refused to acknowledge.

If mexican workers are so willing to risk everything they have for a CHANCE at maybe working some shitty job in America, isn't that at least some grounds for compassionate understanding on how the issue can be better resolved than a law that targets individuals based on their ethnic background?

17. Mindcrime1204

I'd rather fight for my country than run from it. :hbang:

18. Mindcrime1204

19. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

Ummm, I said that employers should be liable in the very same post that you quoted. I think most people understand why they are coming here illegally, but that doesn't make it any less illegal. Yes there's a shit ton of problems in Mexico, but it isn't the U.S.'s job to fix everyone's problems (can't wait to see how many people have a field day with that one).

Targeting individuals based on their ethnic background? They are targeting individuals based on the fact that they broke the law. Would you feel any better if police were required to stop a proportionate number of white people everyday?

20. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

The Arizona law does not target individuals who broke the law at all, it targets those who suspected of being there illegally. How on earth do you determine if someone is there illegally if it weren't for some criteria based on what an illegal immigrant "looks like"? i.e, not white

So while I don't think it's the U.S' responsibility to solve the world's problems (though the U.S government seems very selective on where it decides to stick its nose), they are responsible for facilitating the use of illegal labor through poorly regulated immigration laws.