10 more states concidering Immigration Laws!!!!

Syrinx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
And you're damned right people put a "face on what they consider a suspect". I know it's really unpopular to think the way I do, but you know what, oh fucking well. The reason they have that "face" is due to them (the illegal immigrants) and not us. I'm sure there's probably thousands of illegal immigrants from Canada, Europe, Africa and Asia, but there's MILLIONS from Mexico alone, let alone other Latin countries.

That's where the face comes from, that's why they're targeting them and that's why if an illegal immigrant (from Mexico) is in AZ, they should be worried. They *should* have been worried a long time ago, but because ICE didn't get the job done, cops turned a blind eye because they could and because employers and the state government were more than happy to pay for their healthcare, education, food and shelter they weren't worried.
And to think some people were worried about racial profiling..

Mindcrime1204

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just like when the market crashed, bernie madoff did some of the most damage to our economy so he was the face used to describe our current situation...

And Mexicans are wondering why they feel most targeted? :scratch:

Living in San Antonio for the past 25 years you can see plain as day there's a HUGE problem with illegals.

Theres so many illegals working at different places here for so cheap, it drives down the pay and incentives for legal american workers. :noway:

Deadseen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
And what exactly do these laws do? Like harder for immigrants to get in or something?
We could use those here too, seeing as 15% of our entire population is made up of immigrants and they're causing some trouble :mad:

Yeah and 60% of that numbers are other Scandinavians. God damn Finish people coming over here to make trouble, with their saunas and their vodka.

Murmel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah and 60% of that numbers are other Scandinavians. God damn Finish people coming over here to make trouble, with their saunas and their vodka.
Where I live we have like no Finnish people at all :lol: And I live in Norrland. Note that Norrland is NOT, Gävle and up like the media makes you think.. A true norrlänning only count Norrland as Umeå and up :nono:

Deadseen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Where I live we have like no Finnish people at all :lol: And I live in Norrland. Note that Norrland is NOT, Gävle and up like the media makes you think.. A true norrlänning only count Norrland as Umeå and up :nono:

We have a bunch of finish people here in Stockholm. And everything above solna is norrbotten, everything below nacka is skåne and everything to the west is not worth mentioning until you come to norway ;)

And I though half of norrland was filled with finish people, I mean you even have tornedalsfinska and stuff like that.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Jym you know I love ya, and I respect your roots and respect your opinion, but I don't think they're saying they're closing the border arbitrarily. Fact is, the border is there. We can argue about how it got there, who fucked over who to get it and so on but that's probably a thread for another time.

I don't think people, anyone, is saying that immigrants shouldn't come here. I think they're saying (and I'm among those saying it) is that they should be coming here LEGALLY. They need to wait in line like everyone else. See, I don't believe being from *insert country name here* makes anyone special or *better* than anyone else. That being said, there's a process for becoming a US citizen, and these people have, by and large, ignored that process en mass. You could argue that it's too costly, or takes too much time and I'd agree that the process should be fixed. But, that does not eliminate these people's responsibilities. It does not mean that they just *get a pass*.

Millions of Europeans came to this country and for the most part, they funneled through Ellis Island. They waited in lines, they had their names taken from them and it was a whole lot worse once they were in America than they were told coming over. Yet, they survived. Without a great deal of welfare. Without a great deal of handouts. Without expecting everyone to bend to their every beck and call. Without expecting everyone already here to learn *their* language.

Sink or swim.

They swam.

Because of employers eager to exploit them, because of a nanny state that caters to their every need, because of lazy federal law enforcement agencies and because states were left impotent in enforcing the laws, either out of laziness, budgets, feelings or whatever, you had a recipe for disaster. Mexico's government has been a sham for as long as I can remember.

Honestly, I don't blame the people for wanting a better life for themselves and I don't think a lot of people do. I blame them for coming here and expecting us to feed, clothe, protect and employ them without having to go through the process. If someone cuts in line in front of you at the bank, would you not stop them and possibly, politely, ask them to head to the back of the line? If someone starts camping on your property, property that YOU pay for and maintain, would you not ask them to pay their fair share, or get the fuck off?

If you would, you're a better man than I, because I couldn't do that. And maybe it is time for an epic thread on how Native Americans were royally fucked over, but this issue of immigration isn't about that. It isn't about oppressing po' brown folk for the fuck of it. Arizona is in dire straits financially, as is California where I live. Something needs to be done about illegal immigration, this is just one step, and to me anyway, it's a step in the right direction.

this is the best explination ive seen on this issue. repped post for you, sir :yesway:

and xiphoscesar, good luck bro. i sincerely hope everything works out for you.

Murmel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
We have a bunch of finish people here in Stockholm. And everything above solna is norrbotten, everything below nacka is skåne and everything to the west is not worth mentioning until you come to norway ;)

And I though half of norrland was filled with finish people, I mean you even have tornedalsfinska and stuff like that.
Yeah that's what you guys think, but that's just wrong :fawk:

We do have "Tornedalsfinska" up here, but most of the Fins live by the border.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
4th amendment. This is above state law.

Also. American companies hire them, in what is really a basic idea of capitalism and competition, someone is out there willing to sell his or her labor at a lower price, and are in more demand with this lower price.

But, this is breaking many laws, such as minimum wage. I feel the companies are exploiting immigrants. Though, compared to what they would make in their homeland, many are banking it comparatively.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I get what you meant after you explained it. I'm just trying to tell you that very few people will interpret it that way.

The word zealot generally is associated with religious fanaticism. It originally was something like "Jewish warrior," but the meaning has changed over time. I still don't see anyone taking issue with you based on any religious feelings. :shrug:

I did notice you have some neg rep for that comment. I think it's pretty low to give someone neg rep for expressing an opinion in a discussion; that should only happen if somebody is outright being a dickhead (bigotry, personal insults to members, etc.).

To everyone; if you disagree with someone's opinion, say so in the actual thread. Don't hide behind anonymous negative rep. Give them a chance to explain themselves.

Thanks for seeing it my way. This is why I don't like the internet more and more, it's so much easier to misunderstand people when you're not face to face and they're only speaking with words. I would certainly never say anything was/is as bad as Nazi occupied Germany :lol:.

While a zealot is a religious warrior, it can/has/is being used in a figurative sense as in "a warrior that will stop at nothing" - like a religious warrior. Also, some people on both sides of this bill are acting like it's a religious deal - it's their way or the highway - which is so wrong I'm not even going to go into it here. People have to be understanding of other peoples feelings and at least listen to opposing thoughts.

Thanks for the neg rep talk as well :yesway: I try really hard not to be a dick, so seeing that made me :mad:

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
I was basically saying that someone who is applying for citizenship shouldn't be deported for trying to do the right thing.

Well, I know it was recently announced that a person that is eligible for any kind of adjustment (came to the country with a valid visa/passport) may not be criminally charged for working. However, a person in such situation may not be able to get an ID or driver's license, work, rent a house, attend college, open a bank account, etc; processing times are pretty long too. Therefore, life is still pretty difficult and risky until the status is actually adjusted.

But I agree, people who came here legally and are taking care of their situation withing the framework of the law should not be deported or be made to have such a hard time while they wait.

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
haha thanks that means alot eve though your just playing around
shows how nice people are :)

well actually im living with my uncle here,
i would but im scared to death when it comes to applying
im afriad their going to find out where i live and deport me
my english has gotten lots better, i still have to use google to find out definition of some words on here :p

as for the computer and internet my uncle pays for it since he has a stable job
i get hired in places to clean up, wait tables at mexican restaurants, and to restock items in local stores
so thats how i make money for my gear(which isnt much)
im working toward legalization, and my uncle and i are currently talking about that right now

also i dont work in peter pipers, i used that as a cover up for when people ask where i work

Good luck to you, man. And best wishes!! :shred:

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
And you're damned right people put a "face on what they consider a suspect". I know it's really unpopular to think the way I do, but you know what, oh fucking well. The reason they have that "face" is due to them (the illegal immigrants) and not us. I'm sure there's probably thousands of illegal immigrants from Canada, Europe, Africa and Asia, but there's MILLIONS from Mexico alone, let alone other Latin countries.

That's where the face comes from, that's why they're targeting them and that's why if an illegal immigrant (from Mexico) is in AZ, they should be worried. They *should* have been worried a long time ago, but because ICE didn't get the job done, cops turned a blind eye because they could and because employers and the state government were more than happy to pay for their healthcare, education, food and shelter they weren't worried.

Oh but don't make any fucking effort to blame the illegal immigrants breaking the laws. Let's lay all the blame on the broken system and the warm fuzzy rhetorical bullshit about them and their dreams of streets paved with gold.

And for the record, while I vehemently disagree with a few of the posters in this and other threads, I have not and will not neg rep anyone for a difference of opinion, or for that matter a personal attack.

Here in South Florida, it is not so unpopular to think like that. ;)

However, I think that it's too easy to say " Oh, fucking well". In fact, most people who say that obviously say it because they would not be targeted. Finally, people should understand that while these people may or may not be everything they accuse them of, it is "our" policy and it is about us. Undocumented immigrants are definitely to blame, but how we deal with them is about us. Our principles should be constant, not variable IMO. :usa:

Mexi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
But, at the end of the day, the illegals did make the conscious decision to break the law and take residence in this country illegally. Just like with breaking any law, if they are caught, they should be prepared to face the consequences.

In that same vein, if the companies made a conscious decision to hire ILLEGAL labor, shouldn't they too, be held accountable for it? I'm not saying people should have free reign to break whichever laws there are, but when are NO jobs in mexico, obscene amounts of corruption at all levels of government, and escalating cartel violence into the streets of cities, then it speaks to a greater problem within mexico that the U.S government has refused to acknowledge.

If mexican workers are so willing to risk everything they have for a CHANCE at maybe working some shitty job in America, isn't that at least some grounds for compassionate understanding on how the issue can be better resolved than a law that targets individuals based on their ethnic background?

Mindcrime1204

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In that same vein, if the companies made a conscious decision to hire ILLEGAL labor, shouldn't they too, be held accountable for it? QUOTE]

I agree, along with deporting all the illegals back, some sort of small penalty should be issued to the companys that hired them. :yesway:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
In that same vein, if the companies made a conscious decision to hire ILLEGAL labor, shouldn't they too, be held accountable for it? I'm not saying people should have free reign to break whichever laws there are, but when are NO jobs in mexico, obscene amounts of corruption at all levels of government, and escalating cartel violence into the streets of cities, then it speaks to a greater problem within mexico that the U.S government has refused to acknowledge.

Ummm, I said that employers should be liable in the very same post that you quoted. I think most people understand why they are coming here illegally, but that doesn't make it any less illegal. Yes there's a shit ton of problems in Mexico, but it isn't the U.S.'s job to fix everyone's problems (can't wait to see how many people have a field day with that one).

If mexican workers are so willing to risk everything they have for a CHANCE at maybe working some shitty job in America, isn't that at least some grounds for compassionate understanding on how the issue can be better resolved than a law that targets individuals based on their ethnic background?

Targeting individuals based on their ethnic background? They are targeting individuals based on the fact that they broke the law. Would you feel any better if police were required to stop a proportionate number of white people everyday?

Mexi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Targeting individuals based on their ethnic background? They are targeting individuals based on the fact that they broke the law. Would you feel any better if police were required to stop a proportionate number of white people everyday?

The Arizona law does not target individuals who broke the law at all, it targets those who suspected of being there illegally. How on earth do you determine if someone is there illegally if it weren't for some criteria based on what an illegal immigrant "looks like"? i.e, not white

So while I don't think it's the U.S' responsibility to solve the world's problems (though the U.S government seems very selective on where it decides to stick its nose), they are responsible for facilitating the use of illegal labor through poorly regulated immigration laws.