.010-.056 vs. .010-.059?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by yellowv, Aug 8, 2007.

1. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson Contributor

Hey guys I have my loomis on the way and I actually recieved the extra strings i ordered before the guitar. Problem is I ordered D'Addario .010-.056's which are the same guage the guitar comes with but recieved .10-.059's instead. It appears that D'Addario has stopped using the .056 in this set and went with the .059. All of the other strings are the exact same guage the guitar comes strung with. Will it require a bit of setup on the action or should I be fine with the slightly bigger guage on the low B? I actually prefer a bigger string there but want to know if it will cause any intonation or tuning problems. Thanks.

2. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

It should be totally fine. The tension difference is too minimal to require a setup.

3. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson Contributor

Thanks I figured that but just wanted to check. I don't mind having a bigger string on the low B at all, just don't want tuning headaches.

4. soldierkahn

soldierkahn BAD MAMMA-JAMMA Contributor

no you wont run into any probs. i used the same set 10-56s, and then they just started sending me 59s, and i really didnt notice anything different.....

5. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

No problems. I use D'Addario 10-59 for my guitars and the other guitarist in my band uses 9-56 for his guitars. They are both pretty similar. I prefer the 10-59, but since the Loomis is a 26.5" extended scale, the 10-56 scale should be perfectly fine as well...