003 rack factory-Help

ST3MOCON

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys if been looking on the different sites trying to figure out if this is possible or not.

Anyways i would like to use my 003 rack factory recording interface with programs other then protools only because i want to try out other programs because pro tools makes me mad sometimes. "mostly the VST RTAS crap".

I don't know if you can use the interface with other software or not. Ive heard good things about Nuendo from a friend. Anyways if you could help me out id me most grateful. Let me know if i cant ill stick with pro tools.

Thanks for reading :yoda:

Bouvre

Guitarist of The Faceless
Reaction score
"YA, You need to use audacity, best program, nice guys, not the greatest drums though" - Erik on 003 Rackfactory

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
If it's made by Digidesign/Avid I'm 90% sure that it will only work with their products. If you were planning on leaving Pro Tools all together I would say just look at another interface as the 003 isn't that great (not that I'm saying it's bad :lol:)

Bouvre

Guitarist of The Faceless
Reaction score
Stephen, you just need to upgrade to that protools 9, they cut down on the 'exclusive' gear and plugins that they implemented in previous versions.

ST3MOCON

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If it's made by Digidesign/Avid I'm 90% sure that it will only work with their products. If you were planning on leaving Pro Tools all together I would say just look at another interface as the 003 isn't that great (not that I'm saying it's bad :lol:)

Bad interface? I remember when i got it, it had some of the best mic pres available for home studio. Maybe ill just upgrade to pro tools 9 like bouvre said i like pro tools but trying to find plugins is annoying

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
No, no, no. You misunderstood me. I said that it is NOT a bad interface. I meant that if you were planning to use another DAW besides Pro Tools you could find better interfaces in that price range.

ST3MOCON

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No, no, no. You misunderstood me. I said that it is NOT a bad interface. I meant that if you were planning to use another DAW besides Pro Tools you could find better interfaces in that price range.

oh ok i understand what you mean. yeah pro tools is really annoying or i should say "was" now that they changed that like bouvre stated. Thanks though. I also have a pre sonus that i hook up via fiber optic cable to my rack factory but i cant use it without the factory :lol:

I guess i can stick with pro tools for now sometimes it gets on my nerves but im so familiar with it now.

bigchocolateman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah you should be able to use it with other software.
I used my 002 with Garaband and reaper. Just check the settings and make sure the drivers are installed right and whatnot