Zeitgeist Movie

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by shadowgenesis, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Daggorath

Daggorath -.-

Although some of the sentiments are on the mark and challenge a wider audience than ever before, as stated above, some of the "facts" aren't very credible at all.

Saying this, the adendum concerning the monetary system was a good watch and the Venus Project interests me even though it's beyond idealistic.

Conspiracists in general make me laugh. Although alot of them are clearly intelligent and their "facts" seem conclusive to them - they allow many obvious discrepencies to slip their minds because they really want the establishment to be shown as corrupt.

2. MF_Kitten

MF_Kitten Set up us the bomb

a huge amount of the stuff in this movie has already been debunked. the 9/11 stuff is the same shit that the truthers pull out every damn time. i have to admit, it does seem to make sense, but the truth isn´t always intuitive.

the last part got so "wtf are they talking about?!" that i just turned it off when i watched it. i have no damn clue what that´s all about.

the part about religion, however, is totally relevant, but it´s not news in any way, shape or form. it´s something that has been known for ages. if you study the bible, then the history of the areas in which the stories take place, and then the culture of those times, and then read about where all the scriptures came from, where they were found, and how the bible itself was put together, and then about how the scriptures were written, and when, and then read into the apocryphal books, and then look into the qur´an and the torah (gasping for air here, that´s a huge sentence!), you´ll find the same thing. especially if you check out greek and egyptian history as well.

3. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time Contributor

^
    "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." - Voltaire

Labrie likes this.
  4. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

If people really want this to end all they have to do is release all the security tapes showing a plane crashing into the pentagon. This would shutup the "conspiriacy" people for awhile.

I will say that their are indeed some whack job conspiracy nuts out there... but then again there are also people who trust and believe what their governments feed them.

5. MF_Kitten

the thing about religiously motivated or conspiracy theory documentaries, is that they try to persuade you by making you forget about lots of evidence, and by making you focus on the other things, etc. it´s the only way they can get their point across.

strangely though, it´s very effective if you´re not prepared for it.

6. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

The US government sank the Titanic. I'm surprised no ones said that yet in these cheesy documentaries.

7. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

I approve of the general forum consensus ITT. Btw the James Randi forums are a GREAT place to go if you like seeing this stuff debunked properly.

8. Sippin40oz

Sippin40oz SS.org Regular

Lol i will just leave this here:
    'At this time, no Wikipedia articles mention such a transaction except the General Ahmed article'

(found under 'General Ahmed and Mohammad Atta' heading)
    Zeitgeist, the movie Debunked - Part Two - Zeitgeist Exposed - Conspiracy Science - Conspiracies and Myths Refuted, Debunked, and Explained

Iam not saying that the Zeitgeist movie is anywhere near 100% correct but surely any article debunking this film must lose all credibilty when its using fucking wikipedia as a source of information!!! :fawk:

Watched both Zeitgeist films and seemed interesting. I always take films like that with a pinch of salt as they obviously have their own agenda and are rarely 100% factual. Pretty much on the same level as most news broadcasts then! :lol:

9. MF_Kitten

Wikipedia is as good a source as any. in many cases, it'll be more accurate than most schoolbooks. remember that no matter where you get your information from, and no matter who approved it, it's still written by humans.

using wikipedia as A source is totally fine. using it as the ONLY source, however, is pretty dumb.

there are many many many articles written to thoroughly debunk the second and third part of Zeitgeist, as well as all the other usual suspects (what the bleep, etc.)

10. ddtonfire

ddtonfire SS.org Regular

Wikipedia is an excellent starting point to find reputed articles (look in the references and external links section) and gain general knowledge of matter. Wikipedia itself is not a reputable source.

11. MF_Kitten

well, it's not a great main source if you're doing anything serious, but the info is remarkably accurate. their strictness about quality control of articles means it stays relatively clean.

remember that schoolbooks in many parts of america now have warnings about the theory of evolution only being a theory, and presenting creationism as a second equally probable theory. this is regarded as a high source of information, and is used to teach kids in school for life, yet they are corrupted to all hell and back. hell, many math books even have wrong answers in them here and there.

Wikipedia isn't the highest up of sources of information, but it shouldn't be mistaken for something inaccurate. even the FBI were banned from altering Wikipedia articles, because they changed an article about the FBI to be in their favour a little. and that was just in the choise of words.

12. NickDowe

NickDowe Last Red Ember

I was really hoping that the "debunking" article was gonna have some cold hard facts that discredit the movie... but i was sadly disappointed. I truly enjoyed the film, but I remain open minded both before and after seeing it. At the end of the day, I will still be playing my Xbox, nailing the wife, then going to bed.

@ Nolly- I checked out your link and read through the entire blog. I was completely disappointed. He basically just discredits anything that is a gray area, and gave way too much of his own opinion. The key to discrediting someone is to show you facts. Instead he used words like "it seems" and "i feel" which your 10th grade English teacher will remind you that if you use those words anywhere in the context you have know discredited yourself because you are claiming to be the expert on said subject matter and you don't need a reference.

I wont go into detail debunking the "debunk-er" lol as the OP only asked us if we seen the movie. I will save the debating for those forums. In closing I would recommend to anyone that you see the movie, then look up the facts yourself.

13. guitarplayerone

guitarplayerone SS.org Regular

honestly, when i saw it i was unimpressed, after all the hype. i learned almost everything they talked about in my geographical economics (ie world economics) class at my community college. go figure. easy a

14. BrandonARC

BrandonARC Banned

watch the new one. its just as good if not better.

15. machinegunriffer82

machinegunriffer82 SS.org Regular

16. omgmjgg

omgmjgg WTFCAKES

I've watched all the movies even the new one that they released Addendum. I think these movies are an interesting watch, but you have to keep an open mind and not believe everything that they say. I mean some points that they brought up made me wonder, but really when it comes down to it they are just conspiracy theories and you don't know how many of the statements they are making they can actually backup with cold hard facts. At the end of the day they are entertaining movies and do bring up some good points imo, but you have to take them in tiny bits and not believe everything they say.

if you guys are into all the conspiracy theories i'll put up a link with a shit load of videos.

:: Download Free Political Documentaries And Watch Many Interesting, Controversial Free Documentary Films On That You Wont Find On The TV! ::

that site has some really interesting videos, the one on the origin of aids is pretty interesting to say the least. An they have some crazy ones about both Kennedy assassinations and tons of others. But once again you can't believe everything these guys say, but they are put together fairly well and fun to watch.

17. machinegunriffer82

machinegunriffer82 SS.org Regular

theres a vid on google that shows jfk getting shot from a new angle, and you can see its the driver that shot him, its one of jordan maxwell vids

18. omgmjgg

omgmjgg WTFCAKES

The videos about jfk in that website I posted go beyond just the shooting itself, which is why I liked them. They weren't super fixated on it, they actually went back and tried to figure out why they wanted jfk dead etc etc. It's pretty interesting you should check it out. An that limo driver thing is crazy never heard of this.

19. groph

groph SS.org Regular

Yeah, I saw it before and was all paranoid when it was over, but that's the nature of paranoia. Nothing can really get rid of it, and WHAT IF THIS STUFF IS TRUE??? I think paranoia is just natural. Not to dismiss all conspiracies as totally false, but you need to not take things as face value. Most of that 9/11 stuff is a bunch of grainy footage anyway and really, controlled demolitions and toppling buildings can't be THAT different.

I just really worry that the government does have some genius system out there that controls our minds through socialization but man, what if. It scares me if it's true, and I really hope it's not but I don't want to carry on like I KNOW it isn't, know what I mean?