Zeitgeist Movie

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by shadowgenesis, Feb 4, 2008.

1. shadowgenesis

shadowgenesis Yarrrrrr

Zeitgeist - The Movie, 2007
    Anybody seen this?
    I just watched it, despite skepticism, and it just fucking terrified me. I don't know what the hell to think and i wanted to see how other people reacted to it.

Winspear likes this.
  2. Groff

Groff Medicine Chief/RHLC© Contributor

I liked the part about religion the most, after that, it kinda got too over bearing.

Still enjoyed the hell out of it!

3. Uber Mega

Uber Mega Try my fist! Contributor

It's a fun watch, I don't particularly take anything they say about religion seriously though. The stuff about 9/11 was really interesting.

4. shadowgenesis

shadowgenesis Yarrrrrr

yeah. truthfully the religion thing interested me a lot, but it didn't really MEAN anything to me because i never believed in any religious stuff anyway. THat was kinda validating. But the stuff about 9/11 was stuff people told me but i never really gave much thought. I always brushed them off as weird conspiracy theory types. And then the whole thing with the banking system and wars and stuff just. i dunno. It all just kinda made too much sense in my head and really freaked me out.

5. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

well, im sure loose change made a lot sense too. Then everyone realized that all the facts they were using to throw together their arguments were completely wrong.

6. Groff

That's why I didn't pay too much attention to it after the religion part.

7. Uber Mega

Uber Mega Try my fist! Contributor

Even the religious parts are quite sketchy really :noway:

I just think it's a cool film to watch, but one that's to be taken with a pinch of salt.

8. Groff

Always.
    But a lot of the things he said about religion did align with things I've learned in history classes etc.

9. Codyyy

Codyyy The Flip-Flopper

It is very intriguing and I admit to watching it quite a few times to get a full opinion on it, but what can I say. It's a little far fetched to say the 9/11 was an inside job because of some oddly grouped coincidences. "We found this one support beam, it snapped diagonally! Just like they do on demolitions, OMG@!"

Honestly, I think if 9/11 WAS a huge government conspiracy, these little coincidences would be nonexistant... I'd like to think our Central Intelligence Agency is a little more on the ball than that :nuts:

10. Unknown Doodl3.2

Unknown Doodl3.2 look at each other..

Movie was informative, especially during the religious aspect of it, then it went downhill from there and basically did nothing but have this once sided view of how 9/11 went down only to move on to this forecast of the future and what will become of mankind if it doesn't wake up and open its eyes. The way I see it, this movie is wanting to use fear to scare people into action the same way fear is being used to silence humanity.

:agreed:

11. Jongpil Yun

Jongpil Yun Contributor

Allow me a quick copy and paste job.

One of the shittiest "documentaries" I've seen.

12. FortePenance

FortePenance SS.org Regular

You guys seen Freedom to Fascism?

[googlevid]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173[/googlevid]

13. Carrion

Carrion Et tu, Brute?

A lot of "facts" in the religion part are just down right wrong.

It makes the assumption that Horus was indeed the sun god, when he is also thought to be the sky god at the time as well.

The only websites I can find saying Horus was born of a virgin, are related to Zeitgeist in atleast one way.

14. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler thrashin`til`death

Well, religion is a load of shit to begin with, so it can be ignored.

To believe that a 110 story building burned from aircraft fuel and then collapsed at the rate of free fall is quite gullible. Just look at all the people in charge who are benefitting from this war right now...is it really hard to believe that the government is lying? Where there is war, there is opportunity, and money has always been the reason for most wars.

But yeah, this movie doesnt come across in a very convincing ways, just another form of propaganda, there is just too much of it these days.

FTW

15. Groff

:agreed:

I honestly think that move should have ended after the religion part, everything after that was just boring. I don't put much stock (at all) into the first part either, mainly because i'm not a believer in the first place, but I did, however, find it entertaining, and got a laugh or two out of it.

I lol'd when they were arguing that jet fuel doesn't burn at a sufficient temperature to melt steel... But anyone who knows anything about the way heat works on metal (or pretty much anything, such as plastic) knows that a significant ammount of heat can weaken metal. And their "proof" that the steel supports were blown up "on purpose" by showing pictures of severed I beams that were cut to move debris during searches. :lol:

16. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler thrashin`til`death

still though, whatever happened to those inner core beams man? a building cant collapse like that.. you either have to jail the engineers for criminal negligence or there is something else in the works..

17. Groff

Well, It was stated that the buildings were in fact built to take a plane hit. However, the building was only built to be able to take a hit from something smaller than a 747

18. noodles

noodles Contributor

Yes, they can collapse like that. The WTC towers were never designed to absorb the impact of such a large plane. They were built in 1966-1973, which means they were designed, bidded, and approved before that. What is the largest plane that was around in the sixties?

Just think of how much technology changes, and consider that this was forty years ago. They designed those buildings before the Internet, cell phones, microprocessors, and the pocket calculator. Transistors and fuel injectors were new technology.

To think that some huge conspiracy was needed to topple decades old technology is simply ridiculous. Jail the engineers? Are you going to go drag them out of old folks homes and dig them out of graves?

Please let this bullshit just STOP already. The truth is diabolical enough: the Bush/Cheney administration saw opportunity for profit in a terrible tragedy, and that is criminal enough. Why invent a boogie man when we know he lives at 1600 Penn Ave?

19. Groff

IIRC, that would have been the Boeing 727. Which I do believe the building was designed to hold up to(to some extent). However, they pale in comparison to a 747, or a 737, or a 777... So yeah, technology has moves far beyond the times the buildings were built. As you said, thinking some conspiracy brought down old technology is just silly, and I agree.

20. 13point9

13point9 Now with Less Hair!

NECRO BUMP!!!!

I watched these a couple times with varying degrees of interest but was just wondering if anyone had watched the 2nd one it is about mainly the economy and IMF and pretty interesting seeing as what happened after it was released in 2008...

Zeitgeist - The Movie