Your favorite live rig

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by Kendalllikevines, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Ghost40

Ghost40 Dude Contributor

I'm making the jump to rack rig, again. Tired are the days of hauling head, cabinet, pedalboard, pedals, etc...
    Currently running Pod HD Pro > Matrix GT800 > Marshall 1960 w/ V30s. Too afraid to ditch the cab yet. Spend a lot of time programming patches, but it sounds just as good as my Mesa or JVM did.

2. Erazoender

Erazoender Aliens

Current rig:

Guitar > Line 6 G50 > Korg Pitchblack > Boss NS2 > ENGL Savage > Cab

Dream Rig:

Guitar > Line 6 G55 > Axe FX II > Matrix GT1000FX > Cab + FOH + Wireless in ears

Love the ENGL to death, but at this point I'm not gigging enough to justify a tube head. I'd rather have a lightweight setup and the ability to record at home silently.

3. ZachK

ZachK Ronda Rousey Fanboy

Current Rig: Guitar > TC Hall of Fame Reverb > Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay > Peavey JSX > Randall XL 4x12

I have a 6 band eq I use sometimes but I havent gotten around to tweaking it yet.

My dream rig is essentially an Orange 4x12 with a Rockerverb Head and my effects. Oh, and a Jerry Cantrell Wah.

4. Mklane

Mklane SS.org Regular

I leave everything I dont really need at home so...
    Guitar-VHT UL- Fatbottom Cab and a decimator. Done.

5. Mega-Mads

Mega-Mads Not an IMN

Tortex sharp - Dunlop heavy core 13-60 - Warlock - SD AHB-3 - cable - Boss tu-3 - Patch cable - Ibanez TS-808 - patch cable - Boss NS-2 - Cable - Mesa Dual Rec - Cable - Mesa 4x12 w. v30's - Shure Sm57 - cable - Mixer... ETC!

6. shanike

shanike SS.org Regular

this one

[​IMG]

I go direct stereo from axe-fx.
    the poweramp + cab is purely for my monitoring needs. I ask for kick +bass + hihat in my onstage monitors.
    works great.

7. Traverser

Traverser SS.org Regular

We can honestly say our favorite rig is the new setup we built for the past tour =) Played on mix 'n match gear forever, and now we finally have something that covers all our needs/wants for the live shows.

Full custom Aftershock cab backline with RGB Lighting sequenced to the click, custom dummy bass cab rack, twin Pod HD Pro setups. No heads on stage, no cables on stage =)

Full thread with pics here:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/241623-thought-you-might-appreciate-rigs.html

8. TheAmercanLow

TheAmercanLow SS.org Regular

I love mine; not exactly a standard "metal" rig, but I get some great Scale the Summit-esque tones out of it.
    Ibanez RGA121 with Seymour Duncans into a Mesa Express 5:50 with a MXR Carbon Copy and a MXR 10 band eq. Very simple, and sounds exactly how I want it to.

9. sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223 B.C. Rich loyalist

My current live rig consists of an EMG81-7/60-7 loaded BC Rich Platinum Pro Warlock (A standard), an EMG81/85 loaded BC Rich NJ Deluxe JR V (C# standard) and an EMG81/60 loaded BC Rich IT Speed V (drop B), run into an MXR M135 Smart Gate, MXR Carbon Copy analog delay, Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, MXR Dime Distortion and an MXR Micro Flanger, Peavey foot switch, all led into a Peavey 6505+ head and two Marshall 1960A 4x12 cabs. You may call me old-fashioned, but that's what works for me.

so basically, BC Rich-> MXR-> Peavey/Marshall

10. tyler_faith_08

tyler_faith_08 Strings of Chaos

This is the last time I played live:
    super modified Jackson DKMG -> Bogner line 6 -> direct out to 6505

The line 6 volume was controled via line 6 pedal and was on constant solo mode (my solo settings) while the 6505 volume never changed. When I soloed, I jsut turned the Line 6 up to just over the volume of the 6505.

Incredible tone. Like, Incredibruh.