Your biggest disapointment

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by noodles, Sep 20, 2006.

1. noodles

noodles <font color=#FF0000><b>I'm your huckleberry</font>

Have you ever lusted after a guitar for a long period of time, only to be completely disappointed when you finally aquired it? Here is mine:

[​IMG]

I've always thought Kelly's looked cool, and I'm a huge Megadeth fan. Silverburst Les Pauls from the 70s are my favorite looking Les Paul ever. To round things off, I've played Kahlers for so long that the bridge is extremely comfortable under my hand, and the smaller Kelly body style gives me the cool Explorer-ish shape on a size that doesn't look retarded on a small guy like me.

I scored this one on E-bay a year back, and it was gone six months later. Tonally it was a dud. It neck dived like crazy. Whenever you tried to play on the upper frets, the back of your hand would bang into the horn. If you played sitting down, it would slide off your lap. Do I even have to mention that the volume knob is a mile away? This was the guitar equivelent of taking home the hot chick, only to find out she had a padded lift bra hiding an A cup.

2. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 <b><font color="deeppink"><3's Tsukasa</font></b>

hey man nothing wrong with small chests...<_<

3. Leon

Leon {##[====:::.

4. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air

Its okay, we still love you anyway ;p

5. Elysian

Elysian Banned

[​IMG]

never was impressed by the stock blaze pickups, the neck played just like my RG7421, just never understood how these guitars could sell for 1800 new, i'm glad i only paid 599 for mine, and i'm glad i could give dendroaspis a better deal than even i got and now he's enjoying it a lot.... just not for me.

6. metalfiend666

metalfiend666 -

Dean MLX7. :noplease: That was one of the dumbest buys ever. In the same shop was a beautiful natural gloss Dean Cadillac down from £1000 to £300 and I go and drop £440 on my first 7 string instead. Sadly it was one of the biggest heaps of shit I've ever owned. Neck dived like a bitch, crap woolly pickups, the thickest neck I've ever played, the neck and bridge volumes the opposite way around to what I evpected. There wasn't a single thing I liked about that other than the shape and the fact it was a 7 when I got rid of it. Chopped it in to get my RG7321 which is what I should have bought as my first 7. Shoulda got that Caddy instead.

7. darren

darren Decibel Guitars

I took home a Nomad 50 2x12 combo to try out and couldn't get a decent tone out of it, despite a lot of very patient knob twiddling and working from recommended setups. I just couldn't get that full-on ROAR i was looking for. The semi-distorted sounds were a little flat and lifeless, and had no "chunk".

8. velocity

velocity yes... i AM faster

the triaxis was my holy grail gone sour. i just had to come to the realization that tube distortion is not my friend

9. Mykie

Mykie Fatal Havoc

I'm sorry you didn't like it man. :(

10. JPMDan

JPMDan Scarface

Jackson SLSMG

I paid 720 for this guitar, best playing 6 I ever owned. Tone wasn't thick enough for me. I went through a multitude of pickups and nothing made it sound the way I wanted it to so I sold it.

11. Elysian

Elysian Banned

my Rhoads V sounded pretty piss poor with the stock duncans that came with it(JB and TB4), but i swapped them out a few times, and i finally found what worked for me in the x2n in the bridge, and ran a PAF in the neck for a long time, but finally swapped it for an X2N lol... was my first guitar with an x2n, and i haven't looked back since

12. D-EJ915

Definitely unique instruments, beastly players but they're kinda strange, lol.

13. JPMDan

JPMDan Scarface

if the body wasn't tapered just a normal soloist body that guitar probably would of sounded beastly.

14. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace

[​IMG]

Was made beautifully, sounded great...but it was almost unplayable due to outrageously high action that you couldn't adjust. Was a custom order, so I was particularly disappointed after my initial happiness upon recieving it. It was his first attempt at a 7 though, he's obviously gotten better at it (see: Noodles).

15. Elysian

Elysian Banned

its ok dude, that was a pretty gay color anyways :lol:

16. zimbloth

Nah, I think it's beautiful. I like turquois. Just the backround makes it look funny.

17. JPMDan

JPMDan Scarface

and you let that guitar prevent you from buying another KXK.

18. zimbloth

Umm... obviously. Who in the world would want to wait around for another custom shop when the one they got was basically useless? I'm sure Rob makes amazing guitars and has worked out his 7-string kinks, but I'm more than comfortable and happy to be recieving a Bernie Rico Jr guitar now.

19. Jason

Jason <b><font color="#222222">Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!<

[​IMG]

this year has been a huge disapointment...oops you meant guitars? :lol:

20. D-EJ915

soooo what happened to that thing anyway?