You guys watching Breaking Bad?

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Hollowway, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Agreed :( I wonder what Walt is up too (Y'know, besides being dead...)

2. JustMac

JustMac ss not-so-regular

Indeed, I really thought about Jesse after that ending... I mean sure, it "looks" like a relatively happy ending, but if you think about it, he's going to be in psychological trauma for the rest of his life.

Agree'd +2, but there are a few shows that are "up there" with Breaking Bad to check out in the wake of them post-finale blues, assuming you ain't already watched em' ;

The Shield, The Wire, The Sopranos. - the holy trinity, if you haven't seen any one of them you're missing out! :hbang: The last season of the Shield in particular, probably the most loco thing on tv I've ever seen, in the best possible way!

3. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I think his best-case scenario is ending up in witness protection.
    Simply, I can't see him not getting arrested at some point. The police were bearing-down on the compound, and Jesse didn't get much of a head start. The compound seemed to be in the middle of nowhere- the police are probably going to pursue a vehicle fleeing from where they were goin'.

Even if he evaded the police and made it home, eventually he'd be taken in eventually due to his fingerprints on the lab equipment, his video interview (which Jack obtained), or Marie's testimony linking him to Walt. Saul is gone, and Jesse squandered his only chance with the "disappearing" guy; he could go on the run himself but the Heisenberg story has gone national and then his face would be all over TV potentially.

He would get caught eventually, and the more time spent on the lam would probably reduce any leverage he'd have to make a deal. Jesse can't go to jail- Jack has "prison connections" that would probably shiv him on day one. At the compound, the police will find Todd's cellphone with a recent call from Lydia, which is likely to open up another can of worms with Madrigal. Jesse could be a key witness in that investigation, and since this is the 2nd incident in about a year of Madrigal being involved in organized crime, they may be considered dangerous enough to warrant protecting witnesses.

So, yeah, I just finished the series last night, so I've been thinking-over what would happen next.

In all, excellent series. One of my favorite pieces of entertainment in a long time.

4. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

These posts are making me glad this show wasn't aired on showtime, or they would probably be working on a follow-up season where that stuff happened!

5. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

If it was on Showtime, Walter would have stayed in NH.

In the middle of nowhere with all those trees- becoming a lumberjack is true comeuppance for all he did. :lol:

6. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Just finished it. Damn. So many great moments. This is probably the best thing I've ever watched as far as TV goes.

7. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

Bringing this thread back from the dead!

So, I've never seen Breaking Bad and I've avoided it because of the hype in the recent three years and also because I'm pretty much very anti-media (as far as industry/corporate dictate shit). But, after all this time, I finally caved in. The sweep at the Emmys this year also convinced me.

Three days ago I just started binge watching the show on my laptop in my free time. I'm about to start the last episode of Season 2.

Man, the episode I just finished a few minutes ago, Episode 12 of Season 2, really hit home in the final scene where Walt is trying to wake up Jesse and the girl...well...you guys know. That moment where Walt makes the choice to do nothing and watch really throws into sharp contrast the change that has occurred to the character of Walt of the course of 19 episodes (since the beginning) thus far.

The character development throughout the series is beyond immaculate. This is legendary beyond any movie I've seen from Hollywood even. I don't like TV or watch it...but this is just too damn good! Best thing I've seen in years!

8. 3074326

3074326 Local Astronaut

It makes me sad when people avoid it because of the hype. You're in for a wild ride. I'm jealous. Enjoy!

9. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

I recently finished the entire series on netflix. Everyone told me season four was a bit slow, and it was, but season five is one of the best final seasons of any tv show ever.

10. Kiwimetal101

Kiwimetal101 'Tread Lightly'

Im gearing up to binge watch 5 a/b again with a mate of mine after uni finishes, I love caotic spiral of the last two seasons.

11. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

^ Can't wait until I get to the last two season. Everyone says they were the best thing ever on television.

Side note: props to Anna Gunn (Skylar) for the greatest constant bitch face I've ever seen throughout the whole series. Either she's a darn good actress...or she had something shoved up her ass while on set. (Figures that the character of Skylar would turn into a cheating whore and she would go crazy in more ways than one. Called it since I first saw her character introduced in Ep. 1.)

12. wat

wat SS.org Regular

^^Skylar's face bothered me the entire show :mad:

13. wat

wat SS.org Regular

Yes Breaking Bad is probably THE best television I've ever seen and some of the best of any electronic media I've come across.

14. wankerness

I don't like season 5 at all (woo dubstep montage), but season 6 is nonstop greatness. I still think 1 and 2 are probably the best of the series though. For me it really lost something when they went to the superlab.

15. 3074326

3074326 Local Astronaut

I thought season one was the worst, honestly. I still loved it. Don't get me wrong.

Dat final season

16. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I feel the thing that stops a lot of people is that the first season is quite slow. I keep on having to tell people "Just make it to the beginning of season 2. It will be worth it."

I think I need to go back and watch again...

17. wankerness

Man, how could anyone not be hooked from the first scene of the pilot? I was immediately like "best show ever."

18. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

My personal synopsis:
    Season 1 - great kick off, very gritty and has it all (action, drama, etc).
    Season 2 - starts slowing down quite a bit. The last two episodes were really well done in my opinion because they start throwing the character development into contrast with how Walt and Jesse were in the first few episodes.
    Season 3 - dragged ass, dull, boring.
    Season 4 - dragged ass, dull, but the finale made up for it.

I just started the first half (8 episodes) of Season 5. So let's go!

19. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

^ THIS! THIS! THIS! :mad: I mean...CONSTANT bitch face. Bothered me too. (And damn, not to mention Anna Gunn put on quite a hefty amount of weight from Season 1 to Season 5.)

[​IMG]

20. wat

wat SS.org Regular