Yamaha FG700S Folk Acoustic Guitar

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by Blake1970, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Blake1970

Blake1970 SS.org Regular

I have not played this yet, but it's in my price range. Does anyone have any opinions on Yamaha acoustics? It will be my first acoustic. Thanks in advance.

Yamaha FG700S Folk Acoustic Guitar | GuitarCenter

2. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

My opinion is: go to GC and play every acoustic in the store (including multiples of the same model, cheaper ones especially can vary considerably from guitar to guitar) that is in your price range or close to it. Then buy whatever you like best.

I did this with my girlfriend when she was interested in learning and we spent a few hours playing everything under $700 or so. Ended up buying her a Yamaha FS720S though - those cheap Yamahas are quite nice in general. The FG700S was a solid performer too as far as I could tell.

3. 3074326

3074326 Local Astronaut

That's pretty much as good as it gets for $200 from what I've played.

4. mustache79

mustache79 I like to play

The FG700 is a solid guitar for $200. Probably the best you can get new for the price actually. But for under $300 there are a few others that I can suggest that are amazing for the price and are better IMO that the Yamahas

The Recording King $250 Amazon.com: Recording King Classic Series I Acoustic Dreadnaught Guitar (Mahogany): Musical Instruments

Honer Essential $280 Amazon.com: Hohner Essential Dreadnought Guitar: Musical Instruments

For $420 the Seagull S6 Origional is the balls. Seagull The Original S6 Acoustic Guitar | Musician's Friend

5. Forrest_H

Forrest_H How can she slap?

I've got one. It was my second acoustic guitar. For the money, it's a great, great deal. I still pull it out and play it.