X Men: First Class

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Winspear, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Winspear

Winspear EtherealEntity

Who's seen the new one? I went and saw it lastnight and it was absolutely brilliant. Highly recommended!
    I have only seen X Men before this and don't really remember it. It was a spur of the moment viewing.
    First Class is set at the beginning, and as far as I know before any of the existing movies.
    What's the viewing order so I can catch up on the story?

For anyone who has seen it - why does Kevin Bacon look younger, or at least the same age, years later in the film after the scene at the camp? Is he not meant to age?

Sofos likes this.
  2. 8Fingers

8Fingers Banned

because he gotta cut loose, footloose :cool:

Still didn't watch this one but I hated all others :mad:

3. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

ill save you the rage. just watch xmen 2 united and dont bother with the last stand or origins.

4. Skyblue

Skyblue SS.org Regular

I'm hoping to watch it someday next week. Trailers looked pretty good.

5. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

yeah im pretty excited for this new one.

6. Sicarius

Sicarius Reggie J Worthington

I'm still kind of miffed about the first class cast of mutants.

But I'm still excited to see the movie. What's up with a Red Night Crawler though?

7. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus

Nevermind folks, my rant missed that the Angel in the movie isn't Warren Worthington III. My bad :lol:

8. TheSilentWater

TheSilentWater is a nerd.

The red dude was actually Azazel, Nightcrawler's biological dad.
    But yeah, this film was actually pretty good, much better than X-Men 3. I vastly preferred the first half before it got all superhero-ey, though. But nevertheless, I enjoyed it.

9. 13point9

13point9 Now with Less Hair!

there are 2 'Angel' characters in X Men, One was played by Ben Foster in Last Stand (who's mutant name was Angel real name in the comics being Warren Worthington III) and this one who's name is Angel Salvadore, who has dragonfly wings and is a young woman...

10. Sicarius

Yeah I read up on it a little while ago, was gonna edit but was too late, lol.

yeah... The only reason First Class has a chance of being good is Singer came back on to produce it.

He broke a great thing when he left the X-Men franchise to do Superman Returns, and they were both fucking terrible.

I liked X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was meh, but I liked it none-the-less.

I really want to see ArchAngel in a movie. Love me some Blue Warren Worthington III.

11. MFB

MFB ExBendable

So, if possible, can someone tell me why they put Scott Summers BROTHER (Havok) in the movie versus his FATHER (Corsair) and if they made any mention of this? Seems like a bit of a blunder for most comics fans to pick up and then have it not addressed in the film. If it spoils anything then don't bother since I'm not seeing it for another few days (comes out tomorrow for starters).

12. setsuna7

setsuna7 Poor Gearwhore

Saw it,amazing storyline..they finally depict why there's so much mutual respect between Xavier and Lehnsherr!! Sad ending though with Xavier being paralyzed and that it was Lehnsherr fault..

13. TheSilentWater

TheSilentWater is a nerd.

Yeah, I noticed that, but I tried not to let it bother me. I don't recall there being a narrative reason for it, either. :scratch:

14. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

I'mma go see it :cool:

15. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus

Whoops subtract 10 geek points, I was unaware of that :lol:

PS - I'll second that I would love to see Archangel in a movie :2c:

16. Triple-J

Triple-J the Experimetalist

It's because they've totally ignored his relation to Scott Summers and just used the character as a stand alone kind of like how Juggernaut in the comics is Xavier's step brother but in the X3 movie he's not related to him at all.

As for the movie I'm pretty excited as it was written by Jane Goldman who apart from being a total fox is shaping up to be a great screen writer plus IGN gave it a good review and they rarely get things wrong they also did a great article about it which is well worth a read. Why X-Men: First Class is the Best X-Men Film Yet - Movies Feature at IGN

17. Sicarius

They've ignored a lot, because Emma Frost appears in the Origins movie, and she can't be older than 15 during the Three Mile Island incident.

and now here she is prior to it all at 18 or whatever they're passing January Jones off as.

I mean, they're fucking up the continuity anyway, so why not break the brother/brother connection of Scott and Alex? Make 'em cousins, hell, it'll work.

Did not know Corsair was in the movie though. That's a bit interesting.

18. MFB

MFB ExBendable

That's the thing, Corsairs ISN'T in the movie :lol: The dude throwing all the beams of energy around is Alex Summers, Scott's brother and SON of Corsair so it's like "GOD DAMN IT RAAAHHHH"

19. Sicarius

I know who they are, but if Corsair isn't in the movie why bring him up? He wasn't even part of the real first class, it was Iceman, Beast/Puck, Marvel Girl/Jean Grey, Cyclops, and Angel.

You got my hopes of seeing some early hints of the Star Jammers up :(

20. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I brought him up simply because I wanted to know if the issue of him versus his son being in it was addressed; it's a huge annoyance knowing the Corsair isn't in it, nor being part of the First Class, yet to add characters to it - they threw someone who had powers similar but came LATER in the story and then never address it.