WTF is Pink Man?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tedtan, Apr 12, 2017.

1. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

One of my coworkers was complaining that their kid had been watching Pink Man on YouTube. I didn't know what that was, so they showed me the Nickelodeon Girls vid. Is this just stupid satirical comedy or is there more to it? Am I missing something?

2. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

You're too old to appreciate it. So am I. Suffice to say, George "Joji" Miller knows what he's doing; and is well-compensated for it.

3. kindsage

kindsage SS.org Regular

You mean Pink Guy? Aka filthy frank? Asian guy with the glasses? He's a really big youtuber.

Some of his stuff is funny but, a lot of the stuff where he wears the pink morph suit is too over the top for my taste.

4. Eden

Eden SS.org Regular

Pink Guy is a character from Filthy Frank, who is basically an idol in the modern counterculture that teens and young adults are apart of. He's super popular for the people who don't mind raunchy, offensive material that would get banned anywhere else. A lot of times his satire is fueled by reasonable perspective, but the other half it's just offensive or gross out humor for its own sake.

5. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

ey b0ss :)

6. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

Yeah, Pink Guy is what I meant.

I picked up on the satire, but much of his stuff seems so dumbed down/bathroom humor its like reading YouTube comments. But I guess that's his audience, so it makes sense that that's how he communicates with them.

7. Dumple Stilzkin

Dumple Stilzkin Special needs member

Watched a few videos, couldn't understand the appeal. This is coming from a person who likes countless adult swim shows. It's really bad, not done well at all. I thought he was trying too hard to offend people. That type of humor I don't mind, but didn't care for his style and approach.

8. Slunk Dragon

Slunk Dragon Gear Nerder

One of the things with the entire Filthy Frank channel that I kind of glean from it, is that it's intentionally stylized to appear cheap in quality. Like part of his whole angle of satire is to make everything appear poorly put together, and that's part of the entertainment, is the lack of polish on the videos.

But maybe that's just my interpretation of it. Hey, to each their own. At least you gave it a shot in watching it.

9. endmysuffering

endmysuffering I'm serious

George Miller is a just a guy who likes to make fun of everything and rides hate to entertain himself because he knows deep down that people always need something to hate and will essentially bitchslap his audience by insulting them when ever they think he's on their side, George is on George's side. I don't know if George is a genius or asshole, love him anyway. He's also a very capable musician going by the artist name Joji and plans to go into cleaner forms of comedy in the future, for now his characters are a face of outrage and Pink Guy is just another crazy outrageous character in his roster of deviation.
    One reason people don't get into him is because of any preconceived notion as to what he is, another being lack of knowing what's going on in the internet community which is fine. His fanbase is mostly guys ranging from 16-25 so no sweat if you don't get him.

10. downburst82

downburst82 SS.org Regular

Out of alot of really stupid stuff thats somehow popular on the internet, this is up there as some of the worst...im ashamed I made myself watch several of his videos searching for something of worth and there was not 1 single funny or entertaining moment....but I watched several videos...so thats obviously part of what works to his "popularity".

...and I guess he is making a career out of.....doing what he loves?? ...So good for him??

11. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

I don't tend to enjoy most of his stuff, but for one reason or another, I just couldn't stop laughing with these two vids

12. Crescendo

Crescendo 크레센도

EY b0SS I HABE DE CANCER