Would you be interested in... DIY guitars ?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Jaden, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Jaden

Jaden Luthier

hello 7 string nutters ;)

as some of you know I make guitars and im starting to offer a complete guitar package at a knockdown price !
    the deal is though that you get a box of bits (complete) and assemble them yourself, if required I can do finishes before shipping...
    that way you can boast outrageously at rehersals and gigs about how you built your own guitar ;)

heres a pic of the kind of thing I would offer, im just looking for a response here really - pics are not 100% accurate but they will give you an idea of what in a project pack.

any questions ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

many apologies if ive posted this thread in the wrong section..

2. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

It will probably get moved to the dealers section. I'd be interested depending of course on price and available specs.

3. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

Oops, just noticed you're in the UK. Probably wouldn't be worth it with import fees, unless of course these kits are dirt cheap, which I doubt.

4. Mr. S

Mr. S tacos?

if you could do me a Ibby RG7 neck with a blank Ebony, board and binding and a reverse headstock, a Mahogany H-H RG body routed for a Lo-Pro then colour me interested, what sort of prices you thinking about man?

5. Jaden

Jaden Luthier

prices would be around the 900 mark for an unfinished mahogany body and a neck with a skunk stripe 3 and ebony board, choice of standard fretwires on the neck
    lo-pro (or edge pro) trem
    tuners
    nut
    covers
    pickups (choice) upgrade to bareknuckles too !
    pots and switches and jacks
    screws and cables
    destructions... sorry - instructions.

Jaden

6. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

Moved to Dealer forum.

7. turmoil

turmoil l0rd of teh shr3d Contributor

it sounds awesome but i'm sure import fees could get pretty ugly :ugh:

8. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

Sending you a PM to price something up. Would probably be cheaper for people over here to just get a body and neck, and let us worry about hardware/pickups since it would be cheaper.

9. Mr. S

Mr. S tacos?

sounds pretty good dude, what degree of customisation would be allowed? I'm only taking minor things here, like binding and reverse headstock and such.. this could be good for me as I've never had the time or tools to start on something myself even though I've had a Lo-Pro and various other parts laying around for ages

10. Jaden

Jaden Luthier

well, I may include custom stuff in the kits but for custom stuff you can just order anything you want from me - im in the middle of building several 7's right now and I will post some of them up when they are complete, it will give you an idea of whats available

11. petereanima

petereanima Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

900 GBP (because you are UK based) or 900 USD (because most of the people here are US-residents)?

12. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
    To be honest, I'd leave out the pots, bridge, pickups and all the fairly easy to get bits.

However, neck screws, trem posts + inserts, possibly nut assembly, are all fairly specific to a guitar, so would be good to include. However, I know I personally just buy pickups + parts from the states at the moment as it is way cheaper.

13. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

Also, do you do bodies for old style UV's?

14. Jaden

Jaden Luthier

James,
    thanks for the input, are trems really that easy to get ?
    well, if you ant a FR I guess they are but I supply ibanez parts so....

anyway, cos youre talking to a bit of a 7 string noob whats the difference between new and old UV's ?

15. 7 Dying Trees

7 Dying Trees Forum MVP

Well, ebay will get you the odd ibby trem, and UK prices are really quite horrible overall, i've sourced and sold parts before, it's not too bad, but can be a pain, as an option it's cool, but I'd be looking at 160£ from ibanezrules, and ebay can be cheaper, but the hunt is half the fun sometimes! It all depends really, as a lot of people part guitars out these days rather than sellling them whole (I've done it, mainly as it ends up with me managing to get rid of guitars i've parted together). It all depends really!

As for thew old UV's, they have a square heel neck joint as opposed to the newer AANJ. Other differences I've found is the necks, they are definately different on the older ones, some kind of weird mojo, dunno why, some people may argue, but they are generally unfinished and just, well, different, it's odd, but hey, I like em, and don't mind the heel joint :)

16. Jaden

Jaden Luthier

I see...

well I can do the old school JEM neck joint without a problem so I guess the answer is yes...
    and yea, trems are £160+ for the 7 version, I start lo-pro edge trems at £150