Worst New Pickup Day Ever

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by haffner1, Dec 3, 2017.

1. haffner1

haffner1 SS.org Regular

Got this last week from Nick at The Axe Palace. As you can see, well.... apparently the post office ran it over with a truck. Not kidding. There was a tire mark on the other side that I didn't get a picture of!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things didn't turn out too well. I was hopeful and tried wiring it up, but I got nothing but noise. After I took it out again I found that the ground wire had been cracked or broken a few inches from the coil and it ended up tearing through the cloth insulation when I pulled it out. Upon closer inspection the coil didn't look too good either.

[​IMG]

Nick has been very helpful, took it as a return, and is working on the replacement. I can't fault him, these things just happen sometimes. Bad news is I will have to wait for them to build a new one, probably at least another 3 weeks I assume. The only good thing is that I got the rest of my wiring project done for my Charvel Model 6 and it works and sounds great, excepting that I still have a J200 in the middle position now. I really had to measure things out this time to fit all those wires in the control cavity, and it still looks a bit like a rat's nest, but oh well. Final wiring diagram is below.

[​IMG]

bostjan and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  2. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Wow that is a super big let down. At least Nick is working with you to remedy the issue which is the fault of those horrible people who 'professionally' ship and deliver packages.

3. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

They even broke the images.

4. blacai

blacai SS.org Regular

Sad :(, but at least BKP has one of the best CS I know. Once my shipment was lost on the way and they just build a new set with priority and in less than two weeks after I notified it, I got the new pickups.

5. haffner1

haffner1 SS.org Regular

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017 at 6:40 PM
  6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Nope. That;s insane though. :lol:

7. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

That's awful. Are you filing a claim with USPS or is Nick handling that for you?

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok