World of Warcraft: Legion (6th expansion) announced

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Aug 5, 2015.

1. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I hope none of you watched it, because they didn't go into details at all. :rofl: They only answered 2 questions. One was just to confirm they would re-tool professions again, and another to confirm they were adding another character slot. Other than that, we'll have to wait for Blizzcon.

EDIT: The good thing is they're also trying to homogenize classes, as well. Hunters will be able to use melee weapons again, and survival will be a pure-melee spec. I also believe I've heard they're going to change up priests so Disc will be half healing, half DPS.

Also, an interview:

Class Halls will be somewhat similar to Garrisons, but "more different than similar." They no longer have the bank, AH, etc.

Dalaran will be kind of the same, but with different tweaks. The Underbelly will be a FFA PvP "arena", and you'll be able to bribe guards to leave you alone.

Even though DHs have 2 talent trees, they won't phase out any of the in-place ones, only try to make them more distinct. They talk about the hunter and priest, but also talk about the rogue. Sub rogue will be more "ninja", combat will be more "pirate", assassination will be poisons/dots.

PvP gear and resilience will be phased out with the new honor system. The Prestige system will try to add an incentive to keep playing, even if you reach max PvP level.

They're trying to avoid people transmoging old legenderies so that people try not to farm old content. They might relax this stance in the future.

Demon Hunters get warglaive artifacts (obviously :lol: ). Which ones they get will depend on their spec.

Demon Hunters are elves only for lore reasons, but might be available for all races "once they've been around for a long time, like future expansions."

Demon hunters will start off somewhere between level 95 - 100.

They're happy with how Tanaan came out, and consider it a success, but didn't like how the dailies worked, and want to make it work closer to patch 5.1.

Gul'dan isn't the big boss, just the "instigator" similar to Garrosh.

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

There apparently hasn't been a lot of new stuff, but there's a possibility they're going to add an adventure mode to World of Warcraft.

3. HeHasTheJazzHands

4. ferret

ferret Not worthy

It's another goddamn year away? What happened to an expansion a year, Blizzard, so we didn't get stuck in a single raid tier for 12 ....ing months? :p Lol.

5. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Wtf are we going to do until September 2016 though?

6. HeHasTheJazzHands

I should note this is apparently a rumor, and we won't find out officially until the WoW panel at Blizzcon.

But given how I wasted $50 on a non-refundable copy of WoD, I'm not falling for this .... again. :lol: If it's good, then I'm waiting until a few months in. Everyone raved about WoD at the beginning, but then it ended up being the worst expansion for over half the userbase it seems.

7. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

Sweet, see you back on in September ;)

A lot of what I'm reading is predicting a much earlier drop than September though - that estimated date looks like it's just the end of the quarter, so we could be seeing it as early as July. Legacy of the Void was given an "On Or Before March 2016" originally. They would be stupid not to release it closer to the movie, though, that's gonna stir up a lot of hype.

This is gonna be the x-pac that makes or breaks WoW. With how much of a disappointment WoD was they are screwed if this is anywhere near as bad - and it's going to be held up to much higher scrutiny. On paper I'm optimistic, but with their track record...

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

Might actually happen. :lol: I was intent on quitting WoW after Cataclysm, but eventually came back late in MoP because of Warlords.

But I don't know. Warlords reeaaallly soured my taste for WoW. Blizzard made a lot of promises they didn't live up to.

9. UnderTheSign

Warlords was awesome when it just came out. It felt good. It looked good. The new stuff was pretty fun. But Jesus, did it crash and burn...

Oh well, once my sub ends I won't be resubbing until close to legion. Assuming they hype it up enough for me to fall for it anyway :lol: until then, I'll be enjoying old memories on Nostalrius.

10. HeHasTheJazzHands

They just showed the trailer at Blizzcon.

Summer 2016.

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

So, there's been a ....ton of spoilers leaked from datamining. Here's a few I'll spoiler tag:

-Varian Wrynn is either dead or assumed dead. Andiun becomes king.
    -Magni Bronzebeard returns as king of Ironforge.
    -Vol'Jin goes missing, Sylvannas becomes warchief of the horde in his place.
    -MU Grom Hellscream (not WoD Grommash) will be resurrected as undead.
    -Calia Menethil, Athras' sister, will be there.
    -Anduin Lothar, Llane Wrynn, and Arthas will be "revived". Possibly through flashbacks.
    -Medivh and Aegwynn will be featured in some way, due to things being found in game: -Echo of Medivh, Vision of Medivh, Image of Aegwynn and Aegwynn's Construct.
    -Tirion dies (audio)
    -Ysera possibly becomes corrupted (image)
    -There's an NPC called "Wrath of Azshara" (image)
    -Grand Magister Rommath joins the Kirin Tor

It's also being speculated that Lor'Themar will die/go missing and Alleria will lead the Blood Elves in his place, Baine will be leaving the horde, Greymane will die (here), and that either Ner'hzul and/or Bolvar (as the Lich King) will partner with the Ebon Blade.

EDIT: Arthas comes back in spirit form (link)
    Tirion once more confirmed dead. (audio)
    Speculation that Varian didn't die, but is in hiding as a bandit lord(link).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  12. UnderTheSign

If that's all gonna happen for real, this is going to be.one of the most rollercoaster rides of expansions ever lore wise...

13. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

I really wish that they would have some sort of Mythic 10 man. Mythic 20 made my guild crash and burn. We were a tight knit group of guys, having fun and raiding like hell, but it was hard to find 10 more that would be permanent. Really sucks. The new gear looks awesome and I'll buy the expansion and resub for sure though.

14. HeHasTheJazzHands

I'm gonna keep trying to update the spoiler post before as much as I can before the edit closes. After that, I'll start a new post.

15. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I haven't touched WoW since 2011 - the last thing I did in the game was beat Ragnaros 2.0 in 25 man. I recently have been trying out FF14, and am not sure how I feel about it. The 2.5 second GCD is the biggest thing that's driving me insane, it feels SO slow compared to WoW, especially as a tank/DPS. It seems like the fight mechanics tend to be much more complex and fluid than WoW, a lot of the regular dungeons have some bosses that are just absolutely constant AOE dodging and DPS checks on adds, which is nice. The healing is the more frenzied variety seen in TBC/WOTLK instead of the rapid mana drain annoyance of Cataclysm (I especially like not having to sit down and drink after every pull in this game). Did WoW get easier again over time? Or at least, is the difficulty less balanced around the healer going OOM in five seconds if the DPS stands in stuff they aren't supposed to? >:O

With Cataclysm I know they tried making dungeons more difficult, but my memory of it was pretty much it just made life miserable as a healer since they primarily increased difficulty by destroying mana regen (I switched to Shadow Priest after playing Holy all through TBC and WOTLK). What happened with the subsequent two expansions, roughly? Did it get harder? Easier? What are the basic mechanic differences since back in the day (apart from the stupid Panda race/Monk class which I have no interest in whatsoever)?

16. Arkeion

Arkeion SS.org Regular

I'll buy it. I always do. This game gave me so many great memories during my high school days. There's nothing like taking a lazy Saturday stroll through Azeroth. I get warm fuzzies every time I think about it.

17. Blytheryn

At this stage I just can't wait for the new expac. We're getting the guild going again (that WoD killed) and I just can't wait to romp around on those days that you really have nothing to do, and just have fun. Also, the new class weapons look SICK???

18. Arkeion

Arkeion SS.org Regular

The new weapons look fuggin incredible. I love the idea too. Kinda wish they'd find an alternative to raising the level cap though.

Also agree. Best days in the game are when you aren't really doing anything endgame. Some of the best times I've had were leveling and doing the Loremaster achievement.

19. Blytheryn

As an Unholy Death Knight, I'm flipping out a little bit. Looks like so much fun. Some of my best WoW memories are just jumping around shrine or Orgrimmar and being in stupid chats or going for mounts/armor sets.

20. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I renewed just to see what was going on. I find it really funny that after a more than five year break, practically everything in the game is familiar. Every noob still is rocking the Kingslayer title (or the hardmode ones from that expansion which you can now get by running into the instance by yourself in greens), virtually all the class specs play about the same only now the talent trees are retarded with about 2 choices that actually affect anything, professions have been completely neutered to be pointless (now you can only enchant like 3 slots?), no one ever talks about any of the Panda expansion, and this new expansion seems to mainly consist of people sitting in their garrisons and using the raid finder, which requires virtually no attention to kill any bosses other than maybe Archimonde.

I am curious how the experience differs if you're actually in a guild, but I don't feel like I want to go through the recruitment process all over again considering I have seen literally one other player I recognized from my 24/7 days. Also, I completely don't understand what's going on with servers now. Like, 90% of the people I see walking around are on a different server, so what do servers even matter at this point? Do you have to be on the same server as people to be in a guild with them, is that it? And are these new multi-servers EVERYONE from all the servers that you can see, or some random sampling of people from your server and the others? So confusing.

The leveling is pretty hilarious right now, at least. 85-90 takes maybe 5-6 hours and is intolerable cause of how awful the quests are in the first pandaren zone (having to do that series where you play as the dwarf and the night elf and the fishman and the sniper is the worst), but 90-100 takes even less time than that if you just get an addon with treasure locations and you fly around picking them up assuming you have enough rested XP. After finally grinding out flying on my first character, I've gotten 5 more characters to 100 in about a month of playing a few nights a week. :p I have everything other than a Monk to at least 85, and everything else other than a warlock to at least 92. It's kind of ridiculous. I'll be all set for next expansion if I haven't re-quit by then, I guess!