Wizard 7 vs Wizard 7-II differences?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by stinkoman, Dec 5, 2017.

1. stinkoman

stinkoman Contributor

I can't seem to find the information I'm looking at getting a 7420 that is listed as having a RG7. I have a 7321 with the Wizard II.From what I read that the wizard 7 is thinner, more rounded neck which is what I am looking for. But all the specs for RG7 is actually listed 2mm or so thicker. Is this correct? Is was my impression that the the older profile is thinner.

2. odibrom

odibrom .

I have a MIJ RG7421, MIJ 2x RG2027X (prestige) and a MIK RG7321. The thinner necks are the prestiges. I find the MIK 7321 closer to the prestiges than the MIJ RG7421. Their shape is also a little different, with the MIJ RG7421 being notably thicker and rounder in the middle of the neck than the rest, which feel flat in comparison. They all rock big time and the overall feel is really is quite similar.

3. BangandBreach

BangandBreach Kaboom.

I am willing to bet that you'll enjoy the neck. I wouldn't worry too much over it.

4. stinkoman

stinkoman Contributor

Thank you for the replies. I feel certain I will like it with it being rounder, but swore I read a few post that it was thinner but it's not a big deal. Long time ago my first 7 string was 7620 and I didn't appreciate what I had, or the fact it was only $100. I remember I thought I liked it better than my current 7321 which I do like, and the UV premium I had that I really didnt seem to like at all.

5. nyxzz

nyxzz SS.org Regular

100 bucks...holy shit man

6. stinkoman

stinkoman Contributor

I didn't even know what it was other than I just wanted a 7 string, and for a $100 it was in my price range. The body was absolutely beaten to hell. It looked like it was dragged behind a truck, but it played well. I think I sold it for $90 on craigslist because nobody wanted it and needed money for another impulse buy. This was 11 or 12 years ago.

7. nyxzz

nyxzz SS.org Regular

given the situation that's fair then

8. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive SS.org Regular