Within Your Reach--for fans of FTFD's first album, and other hxc leaning metalcore

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by iohann, Apr 14, 2012.

1. iohann

iohann SS.org Regular

Hey so we're about to release a full length, and just uploaded this song as a little teaser.

http://soundcloud.com/bmloyts/boobs-master-mp3-1

About production:
    Drums are all drumagog'd from live track templates
    Guitars are through a Le456 I think, Idk what impulses he used though.
    Bass is through the MarkBass VST head/cab modeler
    Vocals are through a AT2035 condenser mic with -10db cut and only reverb and compression for effects.
    Done in Reaper.

I wrote the riffs and did the vocals, our guitarist did the mixing. I would have turned the bass guitar up more, but whatever, that's being in a band for ya. It's a rough master job too, the album in it's entirety will be mastered by some dude at UNT's sound production school.

Here's our FB page if you wanna keep up with us.
    Within Your Reach | Facebook

Thanks a bunch if you take a listen! Please leave ANY thoughts you have on this.

2. Levi79

Levi79 SS.org Regular

Link isnt working dude :/

Listened and Liked on Facebook though. I dig it dude. The clean vocals aren't really doing it for me though to be honest.

3. ImaDjentleman

ImaDjentleman Ima let u finish but

freeze.com?!?!?!?!

4. iohann

iohann SS.org Regular

Oops, I forgot it was private. I'll fix it. I don't wanna be the lurker who expects everyone to like them on facebook, haha.

Thanks for listening though man. Yeah, I'm not really sure about the cleans either. I think the way it was mastered brings them out a bit on the too much side. It isn't final though, so no worries. If you're referring to my vocal ability though, I'm not trying to be good haha :hbang: