Wireless for guitar on the cheap

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Descent, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Descent

Descent SS.org Regular

Can't say I want to spend more than $300, so what would you recommend?
    I don't think I'll need more than 50 feet and noone from my band is currently using a wireless rig so there shouldn't be issues with bandwidth.

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

3. Casper777

Casper777 Slow Player

Line 6 G10!

lewis likes this.
  4. NinjaRaf

NinjaRaf SS.org Regular

I got my L6 G50 for $275. Been kicking ass for years. I would highly recommend.

5. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Line 6 relay g10
    50 feet. I just got one and god its incredible. Charges quickly, stores charge for 8 hours, has a sleep mode it puts itself into after no activity for a while to save battery, the lights on the unit blink to show how much battery is left and it even has a little mute button built in so it never pops or clicks when plugging in/unplugging.

Amazing value. I bought mine for £120 plus postage brand new. Which is what?. $140 roughly?

6. Descent

Descent SS.org Regular

I seem to be leaning G10 or G30. The WiC looks fun but it is an unknown player.

I use active and passive, so preferably something that can work off of both.

AKG WMS 40 looks interesting as well, but probably won't be good. Any opinions on that one? I used AKG bug last in around 2003 that was great, not much signal loss, but it broke easily. Since then I've been using cables but lately we're doing a lot of shows and after I tangled up our bassist so he couldn't move for a song for fear of unplugging me, I might bite the bullet and go wireless again :)

7. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

The G10 had SOME issues with actives that was fixed by using an adapter with it (mono to mono) which Line 6 now include in the box when you buy one.

I use my G10 with a guitar with an Active EMG 81 in the bridge (single pickup) and mine worked right away without needing an adaptor so.
    Also, Ive used mine now at gig volumes and I dont get any hum/buzz or noise either from the unit.