Wins for fewer teen pregnancies, no work-provided birth control... and then the truth

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Explorer, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    In a victory for those antiabortion groups who want to reduce teen pregnancies, Colorado managed to reduce teen pregnancies by 40%.

Colorado teen birthrate drops 40% - CNN.com

The Hobby Lobby decision led to new rules allowing a workplace to opt out of providing birth control coverage for employees.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/breaking-birth-control-coverage-guaranteed-for-123731031997.html

What's astonishing is, with those victories getting them what they want... those who achieved success are revealing that they actually wanted something else.

In terms of reproductive choices of employees, some actually don't want the employees to make their own choices, regardless of whether the employers are paying for it or not.

And with the reduction of teen pregnancies, it's turning out that the cost savings isn't a success as long as teens are unburdened from the consequences of having sex outside of the way antiabortion forces approve.

Although it's been clear for some time to many, the true motives of these groups have become harder to hide: Females shouldn't have the right to their own reproductive choices without negative consequences.

I think the Colorado numbers show a financial savings of 80% for each dollar spent on reversible birth control, compared to only the costs of a pregnancy and childbirth. It doesn't factor in further costs associated with that unwanted child.

Is it possible that these groups are lying about their true goals?

If not, why would they turn their backs on solutions which achieved their stated goals?

I personally think it's about control of females, but I'm interested in hearing ideas which explain how they might be honest while rejecting actual success.