Why won't you vote for Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by The Reverend, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Jakke

Jakke Pretty wisdomous

Fair enough..

This is pretty strange:

2. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Pretty much what Waelstrum said, but also Obama is more middle of the road politically IMO. The Republican party is further to the right, but our mainstream political system has shifted, as a whole, to the right which means so did Obama (he is further to the right now then he was initially as well). On a global political spectrum there is little difference between him and most republicans, but that requires ignoring the minor differences that add up to huge differences.

That dude in that video is insane...:nuts:

3. Gregori

Gregori SS.org Regular

I don't like Obama for his steadfast support of the NDAA. He's no worse than the republicans who wrote it. And I don't like Romney for many, many reasons.

4. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

I got the impression that Obama's not right-wing, but what he wanted has been met by heavy obsctructionism from the right. If he can't do anything about what he set out to do, that doesn't mean that he is therefore condoning the opposite stance?

5. The Reverend

The Reverend GHETTO KING OF SWAG

That's my thinking. In an effort to get some kind of progress out of this fucked up country, he's had to capitulate to the conservative side of the country to a certain extent. What's that old saying? Nobody wins when you compromise?

6. Treeunit212

Treeunit212 Not your bro, bro.

Actually, the bill was written by both John McCain and my own state senator Lindsey Graham, a Democrat. :noplease:

7. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

I can't believe people are still complaining about the NDAA. I thought it had been pretty well established here that it doesn't say what the pundits say it says.

8. ASoC

ASoC Downpicker \m/

I will be voting for Obama :)

Here's my (possibly simplistic) view. Oil companies and coal (clean coal is a thing, right? right? :lol:) companies don't need subsidies any more, there need to be more tax brackets (right now the top bracket is 250K+ right?), regulation is good/corporations are bad, drugs like pot should be legalized outright (I don't care what you do with your free time), and everyone should get equal rights (I don't care where you like to stick your parts)

Now then, an argument that I'm still hearing is "Obama doesn't have enough experience." Bullshit. He's president longer than Romney has. I also hear "Romney knows how to run a business, he can run a country" Correction: He knows how to run a business into the ground. You should already know what I'm talking about; if you don't, just read up on Bain Capital

To be honest, I'm voting not-Romney (the idea of him being president scares me) and Obama has the best chance of winning.

EDIT: My opinion on foreign policy (and I know there are complications that make this difficult if not impossible) fuck everyone else. We have no business "protecting democracy" anywhere.

9. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I'm the only Pro-bama person in my house. :lol:

My brother is the only one who seems to have a decent reason to vote Romney, which he claims is because of the oil field. Although he didn't elaborate, he just said "I'm voting Romney ebcause of the oil field." Everyone else just doesn't want Obama in the White House again.

10. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

That just means your brother is pro Republican in general then because any one of them would drink it for breakfast if it wouldn't kill them. :lol:

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Good point. :lol:

Sucks being the only Pro-Obama guy in the household. :p

12. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

I enjoy the opposition honestly. I'm steadfast in my beliefs and my dad seems to respect me for it. On the other hand my Aunt agrees with me and I find it annoying. :lol: She is WAY too passionate and passion is irritating when it leads to a debate and no one is disagreeing to begin with...

13. ASoC

ASoC Downpicker \m/

My dad respects my beliefs too. He's from Missouri and his brothers are the people that take the word of Glen Beck as gospel (one of them has an autographed painting of W.). He isn't quite as programmed as they are and he recognizes that the system is broken.

Basically, my family is passionate in the opposite direction, I don't even bother trying to debate with them. Someone is going to end up butthurt

14. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

With politics someone always is :lol:

15. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

I'm not voting for Obama because Jess is.

The Reverend likes this.
  16. MrPepperoniNipples

MrPepperoniNipples SS.org Regular

As the debates unfolded, my household went from 1 Stein, 1 Obama, 1 Romney, 1 Supreme to 3 Stein 1 Romney

My mother )=

17. misingonestring

misingonestring Irrelevant Name

Because I'm not registered to vote.

18. Zugster

Zugster the green machine

As long as non of you anti-Obama voters (pro Romney the total asshole voters) live in Ohio or Colorado - it doesn't matter much! This election is basically for President of Ohio.

19. Bloodbath Salt

Bloodbath Salt Title-less

I completely disagree. Just because you don't vote doesn't mean your opinion doesn't count. Usually it's because you disagree with both the 2 main options you're forced with, realize that politicians are nothing but thieves and liars that only use power for self-interest, or that your vote doesn't count or is rigged (2000 election). I in no way defend Obama, because he tried to deal with American affluence by getting loans and giving American natural resources to China. But Romney's a Mormon, and if you don't know about Mormonism look it up. Most Americans don't really know about it, because Mormons keep it that way, because it's absolutely ridiculous, besides you and Romney aren't even on the same page. When push comes to shove, he'll only back up him and his "top 5% buddies."

20. Treeunit212

Treeunit212 Not your bro, bro.

Please do explain so I can spread the gospel. :agreed: