Why won't you vote for Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by The Reverend, Jul 24, 2012.

1. The Reverend

The Reverend GHETTO KING OF SWAG

I personally am planning to, but after reading the Mitt Romney thread I was interested in seeing some reasons why some of you guys don't like Obama's politics. I know why Fox News and their ilk don't like Obama, but I was wondering what rational, intelligent conservatives think. :yesway:

Thinking about things from a different perspective is always interesting, I guess, which is why I'd like to hear your opinions! I'm not looking to debate you guys, or persuade you to jump ship; this is purely a learning experience.

petereanima likes this.
  2. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

While Obama has some great ideas and has made some great promises I'm afraid thats all they will ever be. It takes more than 8 years to get done what he says he would like to get done and 4 of those years have already passed with little to no progress (the economy is better and it feels like the civil unrest in the lower/ middle class has subsided). Not to mention his lack of support for the medical use of cannabis and continued persecution of those supporters of the community in Oakland and the bay are. But don't let my not voting for Obama make you think I would vote for Romney. I know that with the current system my vote means absolutely nothing and I have learned to accept that, but based off of my own principles and moral compass I can only bring myself to vote for a 3rd party candidate.

3. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

I won't vote for Obama because of all the same ole basic "right wing talking points lol" that can be heard day in and out on popular shows like The Factor and more libertarian based shows like Stossel.

We don't want the Government/Obama to be "the man", thereby permanently replacing big banks and corps in their traditional role as "the man".
    There's a natural eb and flow to banks and corperations rising and falling that has everything to do with the organic nature of survival of the fittest, and more specifically, their current leadership.

Obama in principal wants government to be the one who sets the stagger in the race.
    If he were officiating a 100m dash, he would want to know everyone's racing AND social historys in order to handicap the race not only to equalize the results, but to in fact influence the results in a manner to have the ones who were more historically succesful to finish at the back, and the ones who were more historically unsuccesful finish at the front.

I don't want my goverment attempting to play the great equalizer, especially when so many of the people involved are crooks in their own right.

With all the documentation of govermental abuse of taxpayers money, why does anyone have confidence in their ability to redistribute success over such a huge spectrum.

If most small bussiness owners are very anti-obama (which by everything I've read and seen, they are), and they make up such a huge chunk of our tax base, then it would be a great idea for our domestic jobs situation and total revenue to attempt to please them.

Less government regulation/intrusiveness is always better to me.
    I'm not afraid of a life without Obama "helping me along".
    And, I'm also not envious of people getting 100 or 1000 times richer than I.
    I'm a lazy bastard and do not deseve to be wealthy, while many people work their ass off and deserve what they get.

4. loki

loki Banned

I like trenchlord's thinking. Obama says he is for the middle-class but he is not. The middle-class gets it's power from it's work ethic and ability to earn. If Obama is anti-business and business is what nurtures the middle-class than Obama and his policies are also anti-middle-class.

5. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

I'd agree except I've personally witnessed my fair share of large business who gain more money via tax cuts or something like that and just pocket the difference. IMO there is no such thing as the trickle down affect. There is, however, the retaliation effect where a company doesn't get a tax cut or has to pay more and then decides their pockets aren't lined with enough mulla so they don't give out bonuses or fire people or don't give raises. In many ways it is disgusting to have to play the game, but what else is the little guy supposed to do? Think of the bailout where 1000's lost their jobs and CEO's are still getting million dollar bonuses, it's bullshit. Honestly, I don't like either parties approach to politics. I wish we could take qualities from them all, including third parties, and make a nice middle ground type party because cutting education and social programs won't solve our problem in the long run and neither will spending a shit ton of money. As it stands since I believe in social freedoms (like gay rights) and I want the EPA to stay around (seriously concerned it won'y if Mitt gets in) I'll probably be voting for Obama. Which I guess makes me rather off topic on this page. :lol:

6. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

People that vote for a party that do not support gay rights is kind of scary IMO. Its pretty much the same thing as denying rights to people based on colour because you cant change sexual orientation.

7. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

I'm going to. :yesway:

8. nostealbucket

nostealbucket aint no gahdam woman

Not going to. Not voting either.
    obama does actually have some great ideas.... But how the hell are they going to pass in this congress? For fucks sake...
    IMO, Obama is trying to be LBJ. He's trying to re-establish "The Great Society". Which didn't work. It could work if everyone thought the same... But we aren't robots.

9. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Hey speak for yourself I'm part robot and part Cherokee.

10. nostealbucket

nostealbucket aint no gahdam woman

I knew it. I was a Bunn coffee machine for a part of my early childhood until a pack of wolves took me into their pack as one of their own.... But thats another story for another time...

11. Powermetalbass

Powermetalbass Powermetalbassist

I won't vote Obama because I'm not an american!

12. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Dont lie, you know you want to be

13. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

14. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

only if you can accommodate melted cheese and gravy on everything

15. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

That's the best part of being American. :yesway:

16. MrEzzyE

MrEzzyE SS.org Regular

I am not American. Otherwise I would.

17. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

I think I just got naturalized. Is that a Bruce Springsteen song I hear playing in the background?

18. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

I won't be voting for him because I think he is a lousy leader. I also will not be voting for Romney because he is too conservative and lets party rules stand before logic.

19. The Uncreator

The Uncreator Control The Sun

I don't want to vote, who was the comedian who suggested putting a dead president back in office?

Someone put Kennedy back up there or something.

20. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

Pretty much this. Obama has ideas and principles that I believe in, but has shown that he cannot make any of them come to pass. Romney was alright before he started thinking about being a presidential candidate. Now he just says whatever the party tells him to say.