(Why) Do people here try to copy Bulb´s sound?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by yidcorer, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

Damn. Good point. :yesway:

I think it's like you said... Once ppl get the idea they'll get just as bored with it as the ppl listening have and will begin to branch out. But the "genre" is still kind of young and I think some ppl may still just be "figuring it out."

2. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

Gotta disagree on them all sounding identical, I guess I'd say the same about nu-metal, that all sounds the same to me. :shrug:

3. yidcorer

yidcorer Banned

You can´t put Limp Bizkit, Korn and Linkin Park in the same bag. Those were the major weights in the scene and they don´t sound like each other. The only thing they share in common is their inhuman levels of suck.:spock:

It´s like Sikth and Messhugah and who knows which other band influenced "djent" guitarists. The icons don´t sound like each other. The copycats do. :yesway:

4. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Can I ask for some clarification? Who -- exactly -- are we talking about, anyway?

In terms of bands who have any level of measurable success, I can only think of a small hand full who could be considered part of the 'djent' thing, and I wouldn't say that any of them sound the same at all.

Now, if we're talking about the tons of bedroom dudes who most of the World outside of a few internet forums will never hear, see, think or care about, then really, what's the big deal?

Dollars to donuts there are STILL more 15 year olds out there in the World trying to play Stairway or Eruption than there are those who are trying to play Zyglrox. IMHO, anyway.

*edit* Also, worth noting, I bought a JCM 900 when I was in high school. If I'm honest with myself, I bought it because that's what Dave Navarro used, and at the time he was the guy I wanted to sound like. Less than a year later I was over it, and I sold it. It's the circle of guitar adolescence. :lol:

Konfyouzd likes this.
  5. s_the_fallen

s_the_fallen Contributor

I have no problem with those who copy his style and settings. My solution is not replying to their threads. If someone is bothered by the clones out there, post your own music. I'd love to hear something different. edit (I just posted a song and it is not djent)

Just an idea. Can we have a required format for the thread title if you are posting a song? Genre / Song Title / Equipment Used
    This would help people determine if it is something they might be interested in.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  6. Konfyouzd

You win. Where do I send the prize? :) :wub:

7. Konfyouzd

8. s_the_fallen

s_the_fallen Contributor

Just send it to my paypal account. :lol:

9. xmetalhead69

xmetalhead69 Unexpected Ally

the unoriginal clone type stuff just serves to accentuate any original and new sounds. :2c:

10. Konfyouzd

Yup.

It's not the "icons" that sound the same... It's the copy cats. I thought that's how you sort them out. :lol:

Moreover... If a bunch of ppl weren't trying to emulate them, they wouldn't be what they are.

11. Kurkkuviipale

Kurkkuviipale Another Sinking ....

I'd put Korn Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park in the exact same bag. Remember to look outside the box, not your subjective standing point.

12. ChainsawVsGod

ChainsawVsGod Banned

Oh dear. Another djent faboy. What are you here responding to me for. You should be off writing some br00tal polymeters in 31/32.

13. Kurkkuviipale

That's by far the least mature argument I've ever seen.

14. ChainsawVsGod

ChainsawVsGod Banned

Basically, to me Djent is just bad music. Most of it just sounds the same. Most of it has some crappy vocalist who sounds like an angsty teenager. Periphery for example. Sounds so damn emo. And they do the crabcore thing on that video. Probably gonna get flamed beyond all recognition for that comment from the fanboys.

15. Kurkkuviipale

That basically didn't make your argument any stronger. But as the most mature and non-emo non-kid around, you get that, right?

E: As I did some research on the forum, I can see you're a Meshuggah fan (or at least 'would like to learn some'), so how come you hate djent?

16. ChainsawVsGod

ChainsawVsGod Banned

I don't hate it. In my opinion, it is bad. The bands I have heard, I do not like. I find them all very uncreative and boring. And as I said, the vocalists tend to sound like angsty teenagers. I think I've received 3 bad reputations (so far) for my opinions on this thread. Not that I expected any different, on a 7 string forum.

17. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

Hold on there, junior. I just gave you a warning. Next time's a nap, especially if you tar all 7 string players with this brush again.

18. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

You're getting negged, not because you're offering opinions, but because you're being inflammatory and condescending.
    1. Nothing wrong here, everyone has opinions.
    2. A little inflammatory, but not bad, and I agree with the angsty vocals ruining otherwise good bands.
    3. "Sounds so damn emo." :squint: :rolleyes:
    4. And here's where you seal the deal by basically saying that you're right and anyone who disagrees with you is just a fanboy. :flame:
    [​IMG]

Explorer and Prydogga like this.
  19. Kurkkuviipale

It's not of your opinions, but for the way you express it. Calling people (even unnamed ones i.e. singers) angsty teenagers and emos AND argumenting someone with a plain flame is the reason for your neg rep. (BTW, I never gave you one.)

Prydogga likes this.